Friday, July 09, 2004

The Joys of Maternity Leave

Now that the birth of the creature I have been housing is imminent, I am reveling in the notion of my impending maternity leave. I know that its not going to be a vacation, it will be the opposite in fact, but I maintain a calm about it all knowing that I did indeed sign up for this. I knew what I was getting myself into before I got "knocked up", and therefore, I am as prepared as you can be for jumping off a building with no safety net.

The true joy of my maternity leave comes from knowing that I will not have anymore work bullshit to deal with for a number of months at least. I may come back to a tornado having ripped through my desk, but so be it. In the meantime I will NOT have to put up with whiny, annoying, know-nothings that are too timid to stand up for themselves and look for others to share in their pain, help them deal with the crap of work.

In other news:
I would like to establish these few points for everyone once and for all:
1. My due date is Aug. 3.
2. It's fine, I am fine, the baby is fine, and I am not going to just "POP"
3. I am not the first woman to be pregnant and birth a child, so please stop acting like it.

-Over and out

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell us again when you're due date is? Thanks, Fer.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you SURE you're okay? Are you SURE?

-JDra

5:00 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

How are you feeling? How's the baby? Are you excited? ;-)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home