Thursday, August 04, 2005

You say it's your birthday!

Wow, 1 full year has gone by, and I have to say, it filled me with a great sense of calm, as well as pride to know that we made it through the 1st year. As in WE made it, I mean Fer, Elliott, Lilah and me, have all made it. No major breakdowns, bustups, or anything else considering the amount of chaos that has now become an almost permanet fixture around here, but according to Barkyboy, I wouldn't (and probably couldn't) have it any other way.

So that one day, when you are an older Bean, you can look back at this and see where we have come... not just in photos, and dancing for the video camera, but in words, since your momma is a crazy and complex woman, In order, here is what we've made it through:

1. After all those millions of hours of labor, you greeted us, this amazing blinking being, ready to get on with it and check out the world. And amazingly enough, after all that labor and such, I am just crazy enough to want to do it again (not right now, but you know, like just again.)

2. We packed up all our shit, and left all our amazing friends in California, so that you could be closer to family. And you know what, every time you see your aunties, or grandparents or uncles, it is SO WORTH IT. The smiles and giggles slay me every time.

3. We did not drop you. 1 full year without illness or scary injury. I know this means that I have just cursed us, and tomorrow, when it is time to board the plane to NY for the family reunion you will have a fever and a snotty nose, BUT, thats the way the world works, we should all just accept it now.

4. Lilah is still with us. You may never know the ins and outs of it, but I do hope, that as time moves on, you will be able to look back and remember our pi'bul fondly, since you learned her name just after Dada & Momma.

5. You are starting to walk, and it is crazy and exciting, and I am not sure what exactly this next year has in store for us, with the talking AND the walking, but I promise not to screw it up too badly, ok? See I've already started. Normally I would have put a f**k there where that "screw" ended up... but I made a promise and I am going to stick to it! That is probably the best promise you are gonna get outta me before the one that will go..."I promise not to embarrass you TOO badly." And trust me, I will take both of them seriously.

We made it through your 1st birthday party, yes a few days early, but you will be able to see the photos and home video and know we celebrated all week long, we love you that much. And no matter what your Dada says, CHOCOLATE CAKE IS GOOD, and if thats what you want, then thats what you will get for every birthday from here to eternity.

And finally, I can't wait for the day that you watch General Hospital with me, and you say, "Momma, Jason is the glue that holds Port Charles together."

A Momma can dream, can't she?

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next year is still chaos, but it is easier to deal with now that you are used to eat. Braeden is running around and doing funny things. His vocabulary is amazing! He just moved into the toddler room at daycare! It goes soooo fast. The next year of Ellies life is my favorite time filled with curiousity and wonder. Soak it up, because when it is gone you will miss it soooo much. FYI: Gavin turns 8yrs old in 2 weeks...see how fast it goes. Happy B-Day Ellie!!! -Tiffany

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant used to it...not eat. I must be hungry. Lol. Thats what happens when you do not proof read after typing while strung out on ephedra. -Tiff

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Or maybe one day Ellie can say, "Momma, why is Bob Guza a douchebag? Why doesn't he bring back Lucy Coe?"

Loved the line about not embarassing her "too bad"--it gave me flashbacks to mom promising the same thing, but then leaping down the aisles of TJ Maxx, huge lacy bra in hand shouting, "LOOK MEG! BUTTERFLY NETS!!!!"

11:55 AM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

It was a FABULOUS pah-tee, Victor! We enjoyed ourselves immensely! You really know how to celebrate a little girl's first birthday! The food, the people, the neighbors, the party hats-- *everything* was perfect! (Although we did miss Kato, Glenndolyn, Mombi, and our Pirate!!) Thanks so much for letting us bring the crew--Eddie and Debbie had a blast!! Sorry they threw up on your carpet but they were just soooo excited! At least it wasn't something else... :^)

Love, mummy xoxoxoxo

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home