Friday, May 06, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to take this moment to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's I know and love. My mom, my mom's-in-law (yes, there are 2... can you believe it?) all the grandmothers for having all these parents... you know how it works.

I thought I knew what it was like to be a mom before I became one. Like, you know, I have 2 sisters, the oldest of 3 girls born to the oldest of 3 girls and all that. I understand kids, I understand women. So I thought I knew what was up with this whole parenting thing. But, what I did not get was the complete picture. All the sacrifice, strife, long days, no pay, no sick or vacation time, no thanks both when they can't OR can talk.... all of it. And hear me now: I DO KNOW WHAT I PUT MY PARENTS THROUGH. I willingly admit that I was an insane child at times, deceitful, rude, and of course did plenty of things to make myself appear obnoxious in public, smoked, drank, tried drugs and the like, BUT the one thing I maintain is that through it all I loved and respected my parents and I knew that their job with me was at times living hell and I love that they put up with me. And look, all that crap led me to be the well adjusted, mild mannered person you see today! LMAO.

So... this is a great thanks. Thanks for putting up with all my crap mom, for loving me even when you wanted to scream, for screaming alone in the bathroom instead of in my face, for taking us to MacDonald's even when there was no money, for pretending there always WAS money even where there wasn't, for making me feel safe, for trying not to ground me too often, and for telling me you also liked it better when I was not in school. Thanks for teaching me how to play, how to laugh, how to sing and be silly, so that now, I can do all of those things for Elliott. Thanks for putting in, and for still putting in all the hard work. Who loves you Momma?

To all my friends who are now Moms: Yucca, Hiro, Eryn, Lisa, Deanna, Emily, Janka, Jackie, Tiffany(ee), Browning & Deborah.... let's hang in there together. Happy Mother's Day... I love you guys and all these babies.

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I willingly admit that I was an insane child at times". At times? Girl, you were insane all the time. Case in point. Showing up at my front door with a newly pierced nose with the help of an f-ing carrot. C'mon. It was constant insanity. Love ya!
Yucca

11:33 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Happy Mother's Day, Gayle!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too! I think you are doing a great job with Ellie. I am so happy for you! And just in case nobody else admits it...we all have the inner nerd in us once we have children. Yesterday I made pancakes for the boys, cleaned the house, made lasagna from scratch for dinner, and made a homemade cheesecake for the Mothers Day cookout I am having. Oh, and went to Gavins soccer game wearing his picture on a pin...that's right...I am a soccer mom(minus the minivan). Love ya!! -Tiffany

9:30 AM  
Blogger Zaina Marie said...

Happy Mother's Day...
Zaina Marie

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home