Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My oh my

Whattzup Internet!

Let me tell you, since my last visit, we have been crazy busy around here. The good nights of sleep have finally returned, and with it came tons of energy! Can you feel me? In less than 1 weeks time I have:

a. Gone out to see live music with Fer. I know, can you believe it? Out in public, sans child, after 8pm! Granted, the first 2 performers made me want to drink myself into oblivion and maybe slash my wrists, (see photos below) but The Wandering Endorphin (who we were there to see) and the following band were worth the misery. The first girl was a total born-again jesus nut, in between songs she was asking everyone to "try jesus". Awesome. Just the good time we are looking for while enjoying a nice bottle of wine with friends. (Thanks again K & J)

The Next joker was REALLY SPECIAL. He considered himself country, and the only thing I could figure about why he thought that was his crazy-ass long hair (see photo) and the fact that he sang a song that literally had the lyrics "After September 11/ I was so depressed/ I think I need a beer/ Jesus would understand/ he changed the water into wine/I think I need a beer." Right. After that was a song about how he misses his wife, please come back home, "I should'a helped you more, makin' breakfast and gettin' the kids off to school." Dude, somehow I don't think that's what made her leave. Call me crazy, but i think there are other problems there, like you suck.

On a good note, The Wandering Endorphin kicked some ass, so i guess it was worth it.

b. Poop deck no longer. That's right. Rather than talking about things we want to do, Fer and I stepped up to the plate, cleaned the backyard and laid some sod. Hot, I know. I made the mistake and turned to my new neighbor who tore out his kitchen and 2 bathrooms this weekend and said "Not bad for one days work, right?" Riiiight. Gutting a house in 1 day, laying sod in 1/38 of an acre. Somehow those things just don't seem parallel. LMAO.

c. The 3rd picture is of my little handi-work these past 2 days. I recovered our dining room chairs and made a table runner with the sewing machine my mom got me last year. Which means that I also set up a sewing table in the basement!

I know what you are thinking; She's moved to the midwest, her hair is long, she watches General Hospital & cooking shows, joined a mommy & me class, and now sewing? But trust me, this inner nerd has been here all along, some of you had to have known that.

In Other News:

I think that may have been more than enough for some to digest all in one post. To both Sleestacks & Bartleby, so sorry if I have forever ruined your image of me... There's a lot of layers in here... more than a tootsie pop anyway. ;-)

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Hilarious post, as usual. I'm liking the fabric for the chairs and the runner! My mom tried to recover our chairs once. She effed it up so bad, she had to pay $300 to have them professionally done. Needless to say, talent with needle and thread does not run in my family! AND, I LOVE your hair! It think it's sassier now than it's ever been! Well, at least since I've known you.

Ugh, I have a big Administrative Assistant Project to get to, but if you could find the time, please head over to my site (http://twerpsworld.blogspot.com) and share your "How I Met Meghan" story. It's part of her month-long birthday tribute. Otherwise, I would NEVER pimp my site on yours. But this is for a good cause!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home