Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend in re-wind

I can't remember the last time I had such a jam-packed weekend that did not include a wedding or a birth. I also can't remember the last time I did shots.... but maybe it was because of the drink, not how long ago it was. Ha ha.

Get this, Friday night Fer and I went out. As in OUT out. To a bar, with normal people, without the bebe. To see Hamell On Trial, who not only kicked some serious ass, played one of the best shows I have seen in recent memory. I mean serious ass kickin. If you do not know of Mr. Hamell, get on it, score Choochtown and absorb.

Anyway, out with Chetty, Debbie, Rach-o, Her pal & Kevin (fer's boy-friend) I had a few beers, and then (a-hem) 2 shots of Blackhaus with Debbie. Clearly I thought I was Mombi for the evening, and thank god Fer let me sleep in on Saturday morning. Ya feel me? Riiiight. Well, I suppose it was well worth it, like a bonding experience for the sisters-in-laws, but um, I think thats the last time shots are gonna happen for me. At least I didn't barf, that is totally the silver lining.

The rest of the weekend was nice and laidback... we just hung around like married people with kids do, and it was wonderful. Some crazy storms blew in and Ellie was real excited to see lightning. Seriously, she told me. Well, she said "cat" all excited over and over while it was happening. So, what I deciphered was "Momma, lightening and thunder is amazing! Look at the trees bend! What is going on here? I like it, I like it." Not bad for 10 months, right?

In Other News:

Netflix and I have finally gotten back together. I am so sorry its taken me so long to come back to you. Before I realized how much I hate the local Hollywood Video idiots who rented to me, I thought I was actually enjoying walking to the video store and renting movies. Cuz like, you cant walk anywhere in LA. BUT, now that I am back with you my sweet, sweet Netfilx, I enjoy walking past Hollywood and flicking them off with joy in my heart. Oh, how I've missed you.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Blackhaus is the devil. Don't you know this Dao?!?!? It lies to you like the LYING JACKASS that it is. It does tell the sweetest lies, though.

Good thing Ellie likes thunderstorms. She will love living in Northeast Ohio.

I'm real sad that I can't go to Chicago now...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home