Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blogger Spam? What the hell is next?

Ok, so what the hell is this crap. I log on to check some email, and i see that an "anonymous" has posted on my blog... so i check it out right? AND ITS FREAKING SPAM, AS A COMMENT, ON MY BLOG. Can you even feel how high my annoyance factor is right now?
Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

So, as you can see, they leave a phone number, and I have free long distance, so I decide to call. Its a recording, for a "degree program" with apparrently either no name, or a secret one, because they decided to leave that part off the recording, and they want you to leave a message with your name, and 2 (two?!?!) phone numbers, with the EXACT TIMES at which you can be reached. Oh, and mention what degree you are interested in. I am guessing that you can say anything, since there is no list.

So, here is what I am proposing... we just start pranking the hell out of them. Leave all kinds of names, phone numbers... you know, your neighbor that has loud sex at 3am? Leave their name & number. You can only hope these people are real incessant and call like a million times. Can I become an astronaut through your program? A scientist? Better yet, a surgeon from the nameless "degree program school" and I bet i can train from the privacy of my own home. I mean, I've always wanted to be a surgeon, and with "no tests, books or exams" I mean, what better way would there be? Sounds like that job making over 100,000/yr is right around the corner!!!! Wait, I better call back and leave a real message, before I miss this amazing opportunity!

Either that, or while Ellie sleeps, and after 1 more cup of coffee, I am going to sit down, put them on speed-dial, watch my TiVo'd episodes of GH & Oprah and leave a message with the names of every character, guest, and crew member of both shows that I come across.

You feel me, riiiiight?

In Other News:

NY was a blast, aside from the teenage chatty-kathy sitting next to us on the plane that could not hold her bladder for more than 1 hr 45 min and WOKE ELLIOTT UP just before the most turbulent landing I have ever experienced causing Ellie to throw up, in adult sized amounts all over Fer, herself, the chair, floor & seatbelt, and we even used the airplane barf bag. And somehow I managed not to kill the chatty girl.

Now tell me that's not awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger the dollimama said...

you better hope the company doesn't have caller id so your phone number doesn't get captured. or can you make use of the *69 option to hide your number? (i know your cell and home numbers aren't blocked cuz i see them when you call me at work--at least, that is if i'm looking at my phone when it rings!)
xoxoxo mummy

4:36 PM  
Blogger dao said...

Oh, I can only hope they actually call me back and I get alive human on the phone.... I can make life very painful... many of you know that already. ;-)

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gayle,

I'm totally bumm'im cause I lost you and Kris' email addresses and contact info. Since I had "our" Ellianna my brain's been out to lunch.
I would love love to hear from ya'll. Wow, Ellie's 1 yr. Awesome! And what a pretty girl. I gotta send you pics of our Ellie May too. Here's my info. michilyn@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon. I'm sure that school likely to email me their information now as well since I put my email addres on here.

Hope all is super fabu!
Love,
Mish

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home