Friday, May 26, 2006

29, clearly the new 19...Riiiiight?

So, to reclaim our youth, (like its gone that far, but seriously, sometimes it feels that way once you have a kiddo in tow) Yucca and I set off on a small (for us) "Tour" with The Twilight Singers. She flew in for the Metro show, and I flew in for the Cleveland show. To be young and carefree, thats what its all about.

The Metro show was pretty rockin, it didnt even start till well after midnight and the openers were HOT! I highly suggest pickin up some Jeff Klein & DEFINATLY Italian supergroup AFTERHOURS. No doubt about it, those guys ROCK.

The show wed in cleveland was 10yrs to the day that Yucca & I flew to New Orleans to see The Afghan Whigs at the HOB. We hung out and partied till 4am with those guys, then took a ride from a drunk cabdriver, spending our last $8, to get away from crackhead Bob on the corner that night. This time was more mellow (on our parts) but we still managed to kick it with Scott Ford (bass) till around 2:30am. Good times. That guy is super cool, and it was a good time all around. Maybe I should talk a little more about the show, but come on people, it totally rocked and i STILL have ringing in my left ear (its been 2 days).

I dont know to what degree of "sober" Dulli is in these days.... but I will say, I cant remember the last time he looked so great. I mean, great.... it was good to see the twinkle back in his eyes. Can you say Charisma? That man has it in spades.

In Other News:

I am totally quitting GH. I know I know, I've said this before... but its over. Its time I got my life back. riiiight?

LMAO. Do It.

-over and out-

3 Comments:

Blogger the dollimama said...

it did a mommy's heart good to see you having so much fun at the show--standing in front of me, arms punctuating the air in perfect rhythm, singing along to those songs you know oh-so-well. yeah, it was even fun for me to step back a few years and just purely "enjoy"! we're so glad you came back home, even for those "5 minutes." xoxoxo

11:46 AM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

Couple things:

a) That Italian band was soooo interesting and dynamic and fun live. Not finding it translating (pun intended) well on the CD, sadly. Still, I totally agree that anyone who sees "After Hours" playing anywhere should go see them and have a great time.
b) left off one thing when you left... a charming smile, a wave and a "LOVE YOU!!!!"

Nice smile, huh?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

You may stop actively WATCHING GH... but it's like the mafia. And Uno. You can never really "quit."

Glad to see you had a blast at Twilight. It's nice to know you can "go back" eh?

xoxo

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home