Saturday, April 08, 2006

Good Morning, Goodbye


A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

This is Elliott in her new (slightly used) Care Bears pj's that Auntie Maynan sent along with the famed Bati Blankie. Whenever Ellie sees anything that Auntie Maynan has sent, she says the name of whatever it is, and MAYNAN! MAYNAN! And makes sure that I understand that she knows from who and where the treasure has come. As if to already rub it in my face that indeed, I am not spoiling her enough. "You love me Momma, but you did not give me this Bati Blankie. You are good Momma, but you did not find me these fabulous KA bear pj's. So there."

This morning is a little bittersweet... its my last day at AVEDA. I am pretty happy about finishing ontime since back in November, with a kid in the hospital, I thought there was no way that I would even keep going. I think back on those weeks, and how I was barely keeping my shit together, and I again thank god that I have a husband that will so step up to the plate to insure that none of us will fail. I am thankful that I have a Mom that will drop everything and stay to take care of me still.... even though I make it seem like I am too independent to need anyone. I guess what I have learned is that no matter what your age, everyone still needs thier Mommies from time to time. I am also thankful for my Stepdad who shared his time with mom to lend her out to me yet again. If you know either of them, you know how difficult a task like that could be.

Last but not least, thank you again, a million times over to all our other family members, friends and loved ones that called, emailed, shared tips for better health and hang in theres, over the past 5 months... while Elliott was sick or well, because it honestly did keep me going and helped to keep my eye on the prize. And here I stand, at my last day, with 2 interviews lined up for next week already, with one of the highest GPAs in my class... and I know that you all got me through, belive it or not.

Its a good thing I never got into the movies... my Oscar win would have been the whole show.... All 4 hours. LMAO

In Other News:

Yucca and I have decided that we need to recapture our youth and are going to catch a few Twilight Singers shows in a few different cities in May. Who cares if we are almost 30 with kids.... thats what the men are for right? Free Babysitters. LMAO........ Girl, you have NO CLUE how freaking excited I am for this. Its like I am 19 all over again. "In a coffeshop, in a city, which is every coffeshop, in every city, on a day, which is everyday."

-over and out-

3 Comments:

Blogger the dollimama said...

May 24th
Grog Shop, Coventry OH
Be there! Sounds like a LOVELY time! (I already had it marked and thought H and I might go!)

xoxoxoxoxoxo

p.s. i really like shout-outs and this particular one sent me running to the tissue box. i had to wait a few minutes to get my eyes to clear so i could continue reading. thanks for your unconditional love--it's what every mother hopes for. we knew you could do it--"just a blip on the radar screen" and now it's done!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

You are the best!
You can do anything!
You can be anything you want to be!
You are a smile!
A shining rainbow!
You were created so perfectly!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

9:40 AM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

This - the blog, the graduation, the life - is yet another example of how you, your fellow faeries, your faery boys (THAT reads funny), have all given me things I never in a million years would have thought I'd ever be graced with.Don't EVEN get me started on your golden progeny, or my incredibly special new relationship (through bribes, admitedly, but still...) with the lovely Lilah.

We really DID know you'd do it, y'know.

Much love
Much gratitude
Huge congratulations!!!

xoxoxo

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home