Monday, February 20, 2006

Old school, monday morning

Elliott is not in school today since its President's day and her teachers have an in-service day. How funny is that. I remember when I was little, I prayed for the in-service days. Or any day for that matter that somehow, someway, my ass didn't have to go to school. Much unlike other mom's, my mom prayed for the same thing. My being in school caused her way more unrest than if she would have had to just stay at home and man me herself. I guess it would be safe to say, that school and I, well... we just did not get along.

So I am trying to change my ways with Elliott. She LOVES school. LOVES it. I drop her off in the morning, and I do not have to think twice about how she is, if she's ok, is she having a good time. When I first started at AVEDA, my biggest fear was that I would get out of school late and end up late to pick her up. She would think her momma had abandoned her forever, and therefore be scarred for life and hate school with as much passion as a toddler can have. And we all know that toddlers are nothing if not passionate, and she's mine... so like, you do the math.

Anyway, 2 months ago, I got out of school kinda early, there was no traffic, and I was early getting Ellie. I get there, all excited to see her for a little extra time, and she is screaming at me, full of anger that it's time to go. All of her friends were still there, and she wanted to stay and play with them. Yeah, she loves school. Yesterday when we drove by school, she saw the bright yellow sign, and she started yelling "Skuuuul! Skuuuul! Skuuul MOMMA!"

So today is an old school morning, the mornings we used to have before all this scool stuff started. We just had breakfast, and now we're watching blues clues in our pjs. Good times right?We've got a nice little monday planned with playing, watching her favotite shows, and maybe we'll go to target, maybe not, I don't know... we might not have enough time.

In Other News:
There's new photos up on Elliott's website. (even though it says it was not updated since 12/19.) If you need the address for her site again, email me. There some real good photos, and fun with whigs.

Do it.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger the dollimama said...

"...and fun with whigs."

Afghan??

i guess i was just kind of a weirdo--i just loved it when we could all stay home together with no time constraints/no homework duties--non-school days were like fun weekend-like gifts!

xoxo
your skool-hatin' momma

6:01 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

I just can't say enough that Auntie Maynan loves that little girl!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home