Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's a boots kinda day

It's 7:20am and I have been up for almost 2 1/2 hours. And I'm only on my 2nd cup of coffee. Do you even know how wrong that is?

Do you ever have one of those days where regular shoes don't seem to cut it? Like there's this underlying feeling that if you don't wear a pair of like, shit-kicker boots, that there is no possible way that you can make it through the day? No? I guess its jut me then. Either way, today is one of those days. And thank god I ordered those new Rocket Dog boots from Zappos... thats the kind of day this is going to be. I can feel it.

Yesterday I stayed home from school to help Elliott recouperate from the Double Ear Infection (DEI). Things were going swimmingly even if 1/2 her food ended up on the kitchen floor, because hey, she really didn't feel that well. But her fever was gone, so we are almost through the woods so to speak, right?

WRONG.

Now, where the hell do I get off at this point, still assuming that things are going to be easy. I mean, its not like either her or I were born yesterday, so why I keep doing this to myself is really beyond me. Barkyboy told me once that if I was not uncomfortable in some way, I would not feel comfortable at all. Too True.

So, after Elliott went to bed a little later than usual, she woke up at 9, 10:30, 12:45, and up at 5am. Did I mention that every time she woke up she was screaming, unconsolable, and farting like she was going to have explosive diarrhea? Did I mention before that I love the way Antibiotics have a way of attacking the intestinal tract? Its super fun when it happens to toddlers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Good Times.

In Other News:

We're all going to work and school today. I could feel bad about sending Elliott to school in a condition that makes her breathe fire at you if you look at her wrong, but honestly, she's fine, so isn't that what I am paying them for anyway? Besides, I'm gonna have an aneurism if I stay home with her today.

So help me god, amen.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Sometimes I have days where I feel like if I could just change into jeans and a tank top, put on my tennirunners, and throw my hair into a ponytail, I could really get stuff done.

Anything else suffocates me.

So I know what you mean, but alas, I do not own a single pair of boots.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are also having ear infection issues here. And YOU KNOW, I know about the boots kinda days! Don't forget your pink dress. Luv ya!
-Yucca

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home