Monday, January 09, 2006

What the hell is happening here

You tell me...

Somehow, I woke up and it's 2006. Not only 2006, but already 9 days into the year. I know that may not seem like a lot, but to me it seems like time is leaving me in the dust.

I meant to talk to you around Christmas, honest. And then I thought for sure there would be time to catch up before New Years. But now here we are, and I am starting to feel the gap between us growing. Where is the intimacy? Where have our late nights gone, Dear Internet? I miss you. And I know, I know its my fault. And if I loved you so, I wouldn't spend so much time away. I'm always making promises I can't keep... but i am sure you know me by now... so just hang on.

Good times abound round here these days. Seriously. Bean-a has Pink Eye. I just picked up her meds and she should be on the mend. Good thing I have all the personal pink eye knowledge from youth, I caught it only 2 days in. (even though a whole lot of somebodies didn't want to believe me! ha ha) Her viral infection from the week between christmas and new years went away mostly, but she has a lingering cold that seems to produce massive amounts of snot. If one of us does not end up with either a cold or pink eye as well, i think it will be a miracle.

This weekend we spent less than 24 hours out at Katochanel's new digs in Miller Beach IN. Fer painted the kitchen, I made curtains, recovered chairs and drank some wine. Good times, good times.

Of course since the pink eye was just upon us, and we were all sleeping in the same room, and all 4 of elliott's vampire (canine, what do you call those 4? incisors? who knows) teeth are coming in at the same time, she decided not to sleep from 12:45 am to 3am and then woke up ready to start the day at 6:45am. Good lord I tell you. The only thing that saved me from losing my mind (yet again) was that she was SUPER DUPER cuddly and kept kissing us and being sweet and kind. And anyone who has a 17 month with an attitude can attest that normally that behavior is in short supply. So i took it while i could get it.

which leads us to today. Its another grey day and Bean is napping away. There are mountains of laundry in the basement waiting for me, and chores aplenty, but i just really wanted to say hello.

Hello.

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home