Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hell hath no fury like....


For my sake pick whatever you want. I am sure it all fits at this point. When I begin to mention that things have been insane 'round these parts, it starts to feel like the word insane is playing it safe.... almost making light of the past 2 weeks. Seriously.

Some of you already know, from various sources that The Bean is back home, and in full effect. When I say in full effect, I mean that she feels soooo good these days that yesterday morning while laying in bed she laughed, smacked me square on the face, pulled back, pinched me, and then laughed again. The laughter stopped when I pinched her back however, so yeah, we're back to normal.

But it was a rough road coming. If it were not for my step-dad lending me my momma for a week, I would have made lasting reservations for a vay-kay at the loonie bin. White was lookin' mighty nice 'bout this time last week. Let's recap, shall we?

Bean got released from the hospital last tues night (11/29) That equates to 4 days, 3 nights in the hospital. Fun, let me tell you. All seemed like it could be on the up and up till I came home from school on Thurs night (12/1) and her lips, fingers and toes were blue. Yeah, babies are not supposed to be blue, FYI. So after frantic phonecalling (Dr, hospital, nurses, Fer) we were back in the emergency room waiting for another x-ray. Good times, good times. Let me throw in here that in the midst of all this, I was only in week 2 of school, learning the hardest material for the whole course of everything that I will need to know for all future esthiology endevors, was happening this very week. Just so you know. But I digress.

Fer shows up at the hospital, smelling a little under the alcohol, 'prolly from running to and from the train to get to us, but either way I'm suspicious and Hangry. (hungry+angry=Hangry... thanks KCH). Many avoidances later (almost 4 hrs to be exact) we are finally headed home together with an alright Elliott. Thank god. And Fer gets the hankerin' to vomit out the window, all the way up Lakeshore Drive, in the freezing lake effect wind, while my mom covers a tuckered-out Elliott in a blanket to protect from freezing wind and the possibility of run-away chunks.

Oh, and as an aside, the mini-x-ray machine chair they use for infants/toddlers is like a doll-house version of an electric chair.

Fun Right? You Betcha!!!

So we get home, Bean is in bed, Fer is writhing on the couch in the basement swearing "its a bug! I'm cold/I'm HOT!!! I BARFED!!!" and I finally get to sleep (i have a test in 1 day). I wake up at 6:30 am, and the house is freezing. I check the thermostat.... nothing. Blower on, no heat coming out. NO HEAT COMING OUT. THERES NO FUCKING HEAT. WE HAVE NO HEAT.

MY BABY JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL, MY HUSBAND LEFT VOMIT COVERING THE WHOLE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR INCLUDING ALL WINDOWS AND DOOR HANDLES, I HAVE TO TAKE A TEST ON ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY AND WE HAVE NO FUCKING HEAT.

can the people in the white coats come and get me now please? i'm ready for my room. thank you.

Needless to say, I think I passed the test. The electric starter on our furnace burned out, so we got a new one, Fer is ok, he did have a bug, and gave it to my mom right before she fled town (probably screaming for her life) The Bean got a clean bill of health from the Dr today & finished her antibiotics, and I got 107% on my anatomy test. That's hot.

In Other News:
because of all the drama, I have been catching up on almost 2 weeks of tv... namely GH. All I have to say is DR. NOAH DRAKE? DR. NOAH DRAKE? Well done well done! That man really did need pulled from the gutter. See? Miracles do happen... every day.

-over and out-

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad Bean is back to normal. Hope all is well.

Zaina Marie

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

I could just lick Bob Guza's feet right now.

Time to program Soapnet as a favorite channel.

xoxo to TheCarters3

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad she is alright. I do feel for you. After 6.5 weeks at Children's Hospital when Gavin had his surgery...I know the hell you went through. You guys hang in there. You are in my prayers. -Tiffany

9:43 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I'm so glad everyone's OK and that you survived Hell Week 2005, but I also wanted to compliment you on this very well-written entry! You're so in the zone, 107!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, we read these, and feel for ya. Glad the Bean (and Kris, too) are OK now.

Love, W, E, and Z

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home