Monday, November 07, 2005

Well, there she goes.

Or, the first day of the rest of my life.

I just got back from taking Elliott to her 1st day ay "school". I can't seem to bring myself to call it daycare... because if it's only care that she is getting I want it to come from me. No, I need to think of her at school because it's like she is learning things in ways that I can't teach her. Like an organized curriculum of play, art, reading, and new ways to think. Otherwise I want someone to tell me why I can't just keep her at home with me.

I know sometimes I get waaaayyyy too frustrated with being a momma for my own good... but that's all part of it, right? I mean, I love that little bugger more than life itself, and I know it's supposed to be that way too. I just can't believe that after everything, every little step, move, movement, laughter and tears that I have been through in the last 15 months it culminated into taking her somewhere else for others to enjoy her. It's like all of a sudden I have become the most selfish person on earth, and only I should get to share in her joy.

Believe it or not people, I actually have a nerve center, and right now I am in tears. I know this will go away, every day will get easier and I will start to remember the person I was before my day was consumed by The Bean... and then I will start school. And then every waking moment that we are together will be consumed by her and having fun. I had a feeling I was going to like being a momma... I guess I am just suprised by how much I like it. I think this will most likely make me an even better at this crazy job. There, the silver lining.

In Other News:

Brett & Deb from Nashville came into town and spent one of the quickest, most enjoyable visits with us. In less than 24 hours we ate great food, had great wine, played with Ellie, saw the neighborhood, made memories (even if a camera was left inside on the table) and talked, talked, talked, talked. Thanks for coming guys, it was absolutely wonderful to spend time together, and hopefully we can do it more often.

On that note, I think I am done for today. If you want a funnier post, check out Friday's... heard it through the grapevine it was a funny one.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Okay, so I'm cheating by knowing who that is already, but I'd know that birthday ANYWHERE!

Wassup, Bobbaloo? Welcome to our Markovicious Blogosphere!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home