Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's the day

It's 7am and I am waiting, coffee cup in hand, for the bean to wake up. Today was the first morning awaking to an alarm... a manufactured, noisemaking, time-setting alarm, since sleeping in a hotel room by the airport in LA with my Mom and peanut of a baby, before flying to Chicago to start this new life. I think it was almost 1 year ago to the day as a matter of fact. Since that morning one year ago, I have been living life by the Elliott clock. When she wakes up, I get up. When she take a nap, I get shit done.

But today, today is the beginning of yet another chapter in The New Life. Today is my school orientation and I am so excited I think for the first time in almost 15 months I really didn't need my cup of coffee to get me outta bed, but its just so warm & loving, I had to drink it. As an FYI to all the LA peeps, the high today here is going to be 49, with 70% chance of rain, and 20mph wind gusts. BUT, I will take that over the fires, floods & earthquakes... don't you worry about me. And I guess there's the 1800 sq ft house for 1,200/month, but I am not here to pour salt. (ha ha ha)

Anyway, lets get back to it. Starting today, the whole routine changes. Life with alarms, possibly even having to wake Elliott up in the morning. Can you imagine?!??!!?? I have lived this time with the firm belief of NEVER NEVER NEVER WAKE THE BABY SO HELP ME GOD. I know some people get all up in arms about the never shake a baby thing, for me, its the waking. And I think if you don't shake 'em tooo hard its all ok. I'M KIDDING, CALM DOWN.

Now, I can see I am all over the road this am. Maybe that's why I am not an early mornin' blogger. It's now almost 7:15, my coffee cup is empty, and I think (gulp) that I have to wake Bean, for I hear no signs of stirring. Damnit. This is just the beginning... soon there will be a few school visits for her, then the start of school in only two weeks. TWO WEEKS!!! nothing to say now but, here we go...

In Other News:

We spent much of the weekend on home improvement projects and catching up with friends and family all over the place. Nothin better than laughs with the ones you love... even if it is over the phone.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was your first day of school? How did Elliot do? I hope everything went smoothly. I am sure Elliot will love being a "fishie". It takes time, but the interaction with kids is good for her little social skills. Heck more adult interaction will be good for you too! Hang in there! Good luck. You are in my thoughts. -Tiffany

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home