Friday, October 21, 2005

Top 5 songs to get your Friday morning started....Go!

Last night while Fer was out enjoying one of MY favorite peoples in the whole wide world, let alone the musical world (hamell on trial), I was at home martyring myself for the cause. The propellment of Fer's musical cause that is. I think that's what they mean when they say "take one for the team." (since we couldn't find a babysitter that is.) So I stayed up and made 2 mixed cds and a few burns of some musics that I have been promising my dear friend Cassiejane.

All jacked up from spending waaaaay too long trying to figure the right progression of songs and the ebb and flow of one tune into the other, two very important things crossed my mind:

1. I desperately need more new musics before I fall prey to this land of mommy and start driving a mini van, not putting product in my hair, and wearing things like polo shirts with pleated pants. And keds. And listening to Q104, today's light rock. And joining car pool. Oh my god this cannot happen to me! Do you hear me peoples? New cds, STAT!!!
2. there are now another 15million reasons why I AM John Cusack's character in High Fidelity. And I too have a Cosby sweater in the back of my closet.

So I mixed & matched & molded 2 cds... 1 of rockin tunes by which to drive 80mph, and a maudlin sad sac blend for fall, alternatively titled: music to slit your wrists to. Not that fall makes me sad, but it makes me yearn for sad sackin it. Maybe it's the natural 6:30pm lights out in the sky, who knows. All I know is that I was all riled up after sitting in front of the computer for a few too many hours and I tried to stay up to catch a recap of the show & dinner with Hamell, but I guess somewhere between 12:45 and whenever Fer got home, my SEVERE LACK of a rock n' roll lifestyle got the better of me. Lights out.

In Other News:
Being so full of energy yesterday made me think about the way I've been going about things in the past few months. And with my orientation for school on Monday, and only 1 month till things around here turn upsidedown, I think I have to cut out even more of my tivo schedule. I added The Daily Show & The Colbert Report... but I have to admit that after the first few, Colbert may be getting the axe from me anyway. Also by the wayside is going to be ER & Everybody Hates Chris. I don't want to do it, but I know I have an addiction and I have to make a change here. I know, I'll 12 step it. Baby steps. 1 day at a time. Let go & let god. right? riiight?

And while I tell you all about how good I am going to be about tv, I will totally not disappoint and be completely contradictory when I say: WTF! I cannot believe they are bringing Robin back on GH! She is such an asshole, and EVERYTHING about her storyline is bunk after Stone died! And if she even tries to stir up something and take Jason away from Sam, so help me god! I'll... I'll.... I'll join a GH message board and really raise a stink! That'll show that Bob Guza! LMAO. I love me some GH. ;-)

-over and out-

Oh, and ps: baby this, baby that, baby baby baby baby. , she's cute, she's funny, she's gone back to throwing herself down and rolling all over the floors. This time it was all about ME.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

You should have seen me and K trying to put together our wedding CD. Two very different schools of thought on how to make a perfect mix CD. I think you start it off with a bang, get a little slow with some strong female vocalists, then get a little jazzy in the middle, sauce it up a bit and then slide out with a smooth and quiet finale.

Kirk likes to mix it up and rock through a whole CD. Rock out in the beginning (agreed!), slow it down in the middle, and then rock out through the end. I guess since I spent most of my youth listening to tapes as I fall asleep, I always hated the tapes that ended with a bang, just as I was falling asleep. The Best of the Monkees did this when they end side B with "Kicks." I freaking hated that.

Anyway, I understand your level of concentration. Way to take one for the team.

Lastly, I saw that Robin (aka that dirty freaking whore with the bad eyeliner) is back on GH. She does not get to waltz back into Port Charles and steal Jason! HAS HISTORY TAUGHT US NOTHING?!?!? I think they should rename the show to "How many Brenda look-alikes can we stuff into one show?"

I don't think there are any good GH message boards left out there. I miss the days of portcharles.com and being a card-carrying member of the S&Believers...

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, maynan's friend here...I check your blog every once in awhile to see what's new with the darling babe. Do you always have the energy to dress her so adorably cute?! Man, her pictures are the best. She has a better wardrobe than most people I know!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home