Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Good Day

Today was the 1st day dropping off Bean that she did not throw herself at the door. Fer dropped her off yesterday while I payed the school tuition and he said she was fine fine fine with it, but I was skeptical. I was expecting horrible things this a.m. because last night when she came home she was cranky as all get out. The Little Fishies went on their first ever field tip on a real school bus. I think she just burned so many calories what with all the excitement over all the new things at the gym & library that she was just bustin a gasket last night when she came home. That kid ate so much food for dinner, and I still don't think it was enough because from 11:30pm to 1am she was up every 20 minutes crying. Sitting in the corner of her crib, holding elmo, crying for .... sunting. Who knows. No fever, no real new teething concerns, so 7 1/2 ounces of milk & 2 diaper changes later, Ellie finally let me get some sleep.

Fer on the other hand saw that as his opportunity to disrupt my sleep for the next hour by trying to keep me from rolling over because HEAVEN FORBID THE BABY FALLS OUT OF BED. Now, why does he have this notion that the baby will fall out of bed when THE BABY HAS NEVER EVER EVER SLEPT WITH US?!?!?!?! Personally I think its his excuse to test me and see just how far he can push me before I smack him. So far, its pretty damn far.

So, what am I doing up, coffee cup in hand, blogging and listening to Arcade Fire, on a cold & rainy November morning after a hard nights sleep with the husband & kid off and away? Because in only 1 weeks time, I too will be off and away, and I know I better freaking get used to this. Am I a glutton for punishment or what? Well there's that, but also it gives me the excuse to go to bed tonight as early as I want, and sometimes that's a card I like to play.

In Other News:

Elliott moved forward facing in her car seat yesterday! It's a big step. I imagine that we could have gone another 3 to 4 months before needing to turn her around, but seriously, I thought it was about time she got to see where she is going. It's not our fault that she refuses to grow like a normal child. I guess she just wants to stay wee for as long as possible.

Oh, and maybe I should mention that the kid got some Jesus this weekend. We finally had our heathen baptized. It was a quick and easy ceremony, and once I have a moment to look through all the photos, I will post some here, because you KNOW she looked super cute, and that's the most important thing, right?

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home