Monday, November 21, 2005

True Story

Hello, my name is dao, and I am a Tivo neeeird.

This conversation and email actually took place, and as I wrote it all out... I realized that I have a problem, but one that I am not going to do anything about. Enjoy my insanity...

My mom sent me this cartoon last week in an email:







To which I responded:

Ha ha, that's funny. True story, I was watching my Tivo'd episode of Gilmore Girls this week and Fer & I had been eating dinner at the coffee table. I paused the tv while I was getting up off the floor and moving back to the couch and Fer said, "What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?" And I said, "Nope, I just didn't want to miss anything while I was moving around."

He laughed at me, "What did you do before tivo? Think of all the tv you must have missed." To which I responded, "That's why I have Netflix... I can just watch it all over again on DVD, just to make sure."

So Fer caught wind that I was telling others of my tivo insanity, and thought he would throw his 2 cents in to really drive the point home:

"If you exhale too loudly around dao while she has the remote, you better be prepared to review the previous 30 seconds of the show. And, if you ask any General Hospital related questions she'll pause it and give you the full audio commentary. Don't even bring up the timers, she'll just start clicking into the bowels of the satallite, submenues, signal trajectories... whatever it takes."

All I have to say is true. BUT, what in the hell is the point of having the technology if you don't even bother to use it (ahem), or use it to the fullest advantage.

AND, I have been watching GH off and on for literally 20 years. What am I supposed to do with all those storylines and subplots other than subject you people to it?!?!

You asked for it, you got it, Toyota.

In Other News:

The comments have been blowin' up round here. Even if some of you can't stand suspense, I like to see all the activity. Makes me feel all warm & cozylike. Keep up the good work. ha ha.
Tomorrow starts school for me, I am off to cram as much stuff into my day as I possibly can!

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home