Thursday, June 01, 2006

i thought i had something...

But maybe I got nuthin.

Well, not exactly nuthin, but certainly not the something I was looking for. When i walked out the door today to take Bean off to school, the smell that surrounded us reminded me of The Outer Banks and all those summers we spent there... there is a distinct smell of ocean and nature, a dampness and coolness to the breeze that I have never experienced anywhere else. So I wonder, how did it follow me here, this am, and then disappear? I guess thats what memories are for.

H and I were talking last week about how growing up in West Akron sort of changes you, the way you look at your surroundings, and nature and all that. Like how i can still remember things by the color of the leaves on the trees, or the sounds of it all. Its like I am a tree hugger in a punk body. or something. Something, I guess thats what it is.

I was thinking the other day as I was chatting with a new friend... that inside my safety net is how I get to be more me... me for me, and for other people. That the fear of relationships is outweighed as I get older by becoming more comfortable in my little nest. Is this how life goes? Is this the way that we can let go of all that crap we start carrying around when we are young and dont know any better? Is it all about freedom inside of relationships? I think thats what does people in, feeling like it is the relationship that holds you TO or INTO something. But if that was really the case... why would we all be looking for companionship?

Wooah, maybe that was waaaayyy to deep for a thursday morning... But its been on my mind. Weigh in if you would like...

In Other News:

Elizabitu (her japanese name) is away in Japan... saving babies and being the the "golden headed tall one" everyone wants to take pictures with. Its kinda like she is her own tourist attraction. Maybe thats why I love her so much. Oh, and I am not kidding about her saving a baby... this is the email she sent upon arrival:
hey yall! im safely in the japan... things are good! its hot sweaty and sunny. we started our touring today and i have been stopped twice by strangers to take pictures with them and practice their english. it is wayyy funny. it appears that they like me because i am a "golden head" and look like the american prototype. Sanjusangendo and kyomizu-dera were amazing. i drank from the waterfall of wisdom. i also saved a baby! no really, i did. a japanese woman let her child out of the stroller and she took off. i ran after the baby and swooped her up right before she was going to fall down huge stone steps. the woman kept staying domo arigato and i was trying not to laugh. were off to shopping!

All i know is only Liz & Anne would save a baby, talk about it, and then say... "Well, off to shopping!!!" Awesome.

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home