Sunday, June 18, 2006

It was........ Soap Poisoning


A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.


Well, not actually, more like food poisoning. Yes indeed... a fullblown case of bad thai food... from my favorite place no less. Its always great when you get let down by your favorites, right? Since yesterday I have thrown up no less than 30 times. For a few hours there i was throwing up every 15 minutes. It really really really sucked. On the bright side it seems I have lost about 6lbs in 24 hours. Thats always good right?

Thank god for tivo, TBS and home and garden televison, i have been in so much discomfort that home improvement tv and old crappy movies are about all i can stand. Its getting better now though, i can finally walk up and down the stairs without thinking I am going to need to sit down 1/2 way through, and I can hold my head up without feeling like its going to explode. I guess that means I am coming back from the dead, with how dehydrated I have been. At one point my hands and arms were numb for a few hours. Good times.

Rachel thinks I am a little crazy though because i was counting my food poisoning blessings as at least it was only me and not Elliott. I guess thats how becoming a mom changes you. Because I knew last night, as I was crying and crawling out of the bathroom asking to go to the emergency room, that everything would be ok in the long run.... that Kris would take care of me, and Elliott is a-ok.

Oh, and as a side note: we did not end up at emergency, we called my Dr's office and had her paged... and followed all her and the Texas Carter's directions and I have been on the mend. It really helps to get calmed down by family when the wife can't hold her head up and the baby keeps crying. So thanks Gary, Wendy, Uncle Matt & Nurse Kel-belle, yer the best.

Happy Father's Day

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

green is a nice color on you

9:10 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

I told you not to use Life Boy!

Hope you feel Eddie Vedder.

xoxo,
Maynan

9:12 PM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

sorry our advice didn't work for you. if it ever happens again, you might want to check WebMD's pages on vomiting. we're glad you're feeling vedder.

soon you'll be an expert on all maladies and we'll be calling you.
xo H+D

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home