Friday, July 16, 2004

Alarm Clocks are dangerous territory

Much like a toothbrush, Alarm clocks are not to be messed with. Seriously. I have a plan of action, I know what time it's set for on purpose, even if that time is not the time at which I choose to rise. Now, I am not one of those to hit snooze a million times before waking to the harsh realization of another day at work, I like to wake up, turn it off, lay down for a moment, and then turn on the news. KTLA morning news to be exact. Its the one that irritates me the least.  They do the weather and traffic every 15 minutes and the rest of the stories are like "light news". And really, who needs serious at 6:50am. I mean really.  Then I get my bowl of cereal, sit back in bed to eat it, watch until Carlos heads into "Sports Stuff" at 7:25 and THEN I get up and enter the shower. Because, again, who really needs recaps of sports crap, even if I did like them.
 
Anyway, Fer, having been headed off to this week of conferences later than his usual departure time, has taken it upon himself to turn my alarm clock off without notifying me. Thats right. No words, no nudge, no hey, get up your alarm is going off. He just gets up, turns it off, and goes back to bed. Now, normally I am a "princess and the pea" kind of sleeper.  However, thanks to 8 million trips to pee in the middle of the night, along with fully waking up to use all my available strength to roll this big-ass belly over to another side, come 5:30 am I fall into the type of slumber that people only reference in fairy tales. We are talking some Rip Van Winkle type shit.  
 
So,  I do not find it fair then, that my morning routine, set up over months of practice with this heavy load and lack of "rushing power"  is thwarted, and now, "She who must not be rushed" becomes "she who is not rushing and is therefore 25 minutes late to work 2 days in a row", making everyone at work think I have become "She who has now gone into labor."
 
On behalf of everyone, Thanks Fer.
 
In Other News...
 
In case you were wondering about the toothbrush comment, messing with someone else's toothbrush is a one-way ticket to the gates of hell. Do it sometime and you will see what I mean.
 
In addition:  Was it or was it not Tom Cruise on The Lot yesterday while we were eating lunch. My money is on the fact that it was, I saw him, clearly checked him out from both sides, and heard him talk. Its a distinguishable voice. Now what I am thinking, is that he employees "decoys" like Madonna, Esther, or whatever her name is these days, and that said decoy was there upon our leaving, probably because he was sick of being stared at. Maybe this is too much of a conspiracy theory, but he IS a Scientologist and stranger things have been known to happen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home