Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rebirth of the Cool


Do not fret, friends, I am a-ok now. I woke up yesterday still feeling like a truck had hit me in the night, but this am, other than being my normal groggy, I awoke well-rested, hungry, and maybe a little stronger from it all. Thanks for all your wellwishes, remedies and shared food poisoning stories. Nothing makes a girl feel better than hearing all about others puking into the wee hours as well. Love it.

Sadly though, I am pretty sure that most of the 6lbs I lost was water, and unfortunately as I rehydrate, I can feel it coming back. Looks like while I was not paying attention I entered into the relm of adulthood where you actually have to work at things... like staying fit and losing weight. Gone are the days that I could get sick and wake up 3 or 4 days later with a model body and 6 pack abs... damnit, i miss those days of less work. Oh well, at least I know for sure now.

Like my new headband? I thought you would. I don't know really what compelled me to buy it... i actually can't stand headbands. But I really like orange. And its like kinda 50s style. Or at least I try and make it that way. Can you tell I am still trying to talk myself into it? Or at least I am since I saw an article in The Chicago Tribune over the weekend stating "Headbands are IN for Summer". Thank you Media for making those decisions for us. Where would we be without you.

In Other News:

On the subject of Rebirth of the cool, Yucca pointed out that an Afghan Whigs retospective titled: Unbreakable: Afghan Whigs Best Of will be out September 19 by Rhino Records. I am sure that whatever material they supply on there, I already own, but I am such a Nerd Bird that I am so freaking excited to just own the packaging. Mark your calenders.

ps- i you can't figure out the rebirth and whigs connection... what kind of fan are you really.

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

I love the headband and think you look SMASHING in that photo.

I heart the headbands, but find that they're much like hats--hard to find an occasion to wear them without feeling like it's one of those "Hi, my name is Meghan and this is my headband." type days.

And they're supposed to make your life easier, but I always find that it takes me just as long to apply a headband appropriately as it does to do my hair regular.

Digression aside, wear it!

10:04 AM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

what a GREAT picture! you look lovely! you must've flushed out six pounds of toxins...you should schedule a puking session every couple of months (like going to a tanning booth but without the harmful UV rays or getting a good facial!)--your skin looks faboo! and i love the headband--not only the color but i'm a sucker for polka dots, too! xoxo

12:31 PM  
Blogger dao said...

Thanks for the support mamma... but seriously, do you think it would have been possible to slip one more ! into that comment? Are ya sure? ;-)
heart dao

7:54 PM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

ooops!! i'm sorry!!! i missed a couple! hey, i just can't help it if i get all emphatic about stuff...cuz... THAT'S HOW *i* ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home