Monday, January 31, 2005

"Accidents will happen/

Not only hit & run/used to be the victim/now I'm not the only one..."

So, Sleestacks & ConnieFrancis know a little about all this, cuz they been down this road before, on the way to see us for the big LA kegger/goodbye Carters party no less, but Thursday night Rach-o & I were in a car accident. Word up. Now now, dear internet, do not fret. We are not too worse for the wear, but damn if I did not end up with some massive whiplash. So whip it, whip it good.

Oh yeah, gotta love accidents. And the fact that some housewives still drive sedans in this neck of the woods, otherwise, at the massive 35mph that she was freeflowin' down the road, not minding anything other than her own business, she would have done WAY more damage as she ran smack-dab into the ass-end of Rach-o's car. We were without baby (thank god), as we were headed (pizza's in hand) to a (forgive me in my lameness) (gasp) Candle Party of all things. Yes, yes, how quickly things change. I go to Mommie & Me classes, and (uh) Candle parties. To make matters worse, this was my first night out since The Great Dancing Debacle of 2004 (if you missed it, check out: Christmas is coming... from Dec.)

So I spent Friday at the Dr. getting checked and ex-rayed. Nothing broken, just shaken, not stirred. Ah well, I was told that my back would be better in about 2 weeks. Awesome. 2 weeks of back pain with a small child is nothing like an eternity in hell, right? LMAO.

In Other News:

Dollimomma & H came for a quickie weekend visit. It was supposed to be for Fer & I to hit the town together, but, with the crappie-back... scotch & thai food took its place. I think that provided even better healing power than a night out or a bottle of tylenol. (wink wink)

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

I was once tricked into going to a candle party. We had this "invite your mom to the house" sorority thing where we had to bring a dessert. Turns out one of the girls started selling candles and someone felt that a candle presentation was the appropriate event for just such an occasion.

I was not thrilled. But they did have this really pretty lily of the valley thing that I resisted purchasing.

damn you, candles!

What's next dao? Pampered Chef with Grandma?

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really was a candle party? I was hoping that "candle party" was code for "adult toy and game" party. Such is life.
Yucca

4:20 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

God was smiting you for going to a candle party...those things are evil!

AMG
http://anonymousmidwestgirl.blogspot.com/

10:52 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

FYI, it's February. This post is from January.

Live in the now. Time to post!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home