Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sick Day


A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

It's 9:24am, and Elliott is home sick from school. Monday night, sometime in her sleep, she threw up. It was strange... no noise, no calls for me or Kris.... nothing. But we all awoke to a terrible scene in her bed, and at 7:10am she was stripped down and in the tub and I was doing laundry & cleaning floors. But she was no worse for the wear, and there was no fever, so off to school and work we all went. Last night for dinner, again... all things good to go... she ate a big dinner and was happy happy happy.

I went off to my Reiki attunement, (I am now level I!!) and when I got home, I went in to check on her as usual. She shot up out of a dead sleep the moment I turned the door knob, and told me she wanted a diaper change. No Problem! Except the moment I picked her up, I knew something was wrong... sure enough, within moments she was throwing up. Big time. After it was over, she was super sweet talking to us and Lilah, seeming fine, again. Not for long.

At 2:15am, I decided that it would be easier if I set up a makeshift bed on her floor. We slept till this am without any more incidents, and still no fever, but I can tell she is worn out. After breakfast we took a catnap on the couch together, and since then she has alternated resting on the couch and the floor.

My little cookie is hangin tough though, and has a mellow/lovey vibe today. Its mild out today, so the windows are open, and if we need to, we'll stay in our pj's all day.


4 Comments:

Blogger the dollimama said...

aawwwwwwwww...so sweet. thanks! xoxo

9:32 AM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

ohmygoodness...when you first posted the picture, i had no idea she was sick. i remember thinking this morning that it was wednesday and you had the day off. i was hoping that you'd have a nice restful day now that all of your weekend company had vacated. but now i see that while you were resting, it wasn't quite what i had wished for you. i hope that miss bean feels better very very soon. i'm sure that miss fatima misses her...i know i do! xoxoxoxo

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

At first I thought, "Wow, it's weird to see her without Buzz and Gideon in hand!" Then realized that the Beanarino was under the weather.

Time to snuggle, watch The Little Mermaid, and eat some mac 'n cheese. Works every time.

xoxo

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Every time I look at this photo I just want to brush the bangs off her forehead and tuck her hair behind her ears. You know. How Momma does it.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home