Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Homeward Bound

This a.m. we awoke to a massive, yet short-lived storm, complete with hail, which i love. THIS is one of the reasons we moved back to the midwest. No, I am not kidding. In LA, whenever it rained (oh, say Nov. thru Feb.) it would just piss the whole time. Enough to make traffic shitty, not enough to make things interesting. No thunder, no lightening, no high winds, no.... well, nothing. I just love the, pardon the pun, electricity in the air that accompanies a good storm. I guess its that dose of adrenaline you get when you are reminded that in the grand scheme of things, you are about this big.

And so I move onto other things, shipping Bean & Fer off to school and work... finishing the laundry and dishes and packing the car so that we can get the Eff outta here for 6 days or so. Some of you know about the hellish day I had yesterday, both with work and the ill-fated trip to Target right after. Suffice it to say that for the first time in a long while, I took a big beating from the city, and I want to go home. I guess this vacation was perfectly planned.

I hope we can get togther with everyone while we are there... you know where to find us for the most part. And always check out Fer's Page for the deets on his show Friday night in Akron. I will be there, will you?

In Other News:

I kinda sprained my wrist somehow lobbing a 30lb bag of dog food into the trunk yesterday, and it still kills. I look like a total dork with a brace on it to keep from doing any further damage. If I feel secure enough in my Nerd Birdness, I will take a picture at some point so you can see just how stupid I look. Oh, and to complete my nerd bird transformation I am now going to itunes to purchase the new audio book by Al Frankin for the drive. Say it with me: N-E-R-D. You betcha.

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home