Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What you resist, persists

Or so I've been told. And I can see that to be true, in most regards. So with that notion in mind, last friday night Elliott gave up all the poms. No more, not one. And I stood over the garbage can with all those brightly colored little baby bits in my hand and had one fleeting thought...... maybe I should hold onto just one.... keep it in a safe place, just like I used to have my cigarettes every single time I quit... just in case.

You know... your just in case stash. Everyone has something. Something to eat, smoke, drink, savor. Well, I relished the moment, and then turned my palm and slammed the lid closed. What I resist may persist, but I will not share that yet with my 3 year old. I think that's something she will have to figure out on her own.

So, almost 1 week, pom free. Mostly casualty-free as well. The only problem is the napping thing, seems she just won't do it at school. I could worry about it, but thats what I pay them the big bucks for.

In Other News:

I've been sad for a few weeks now.... Mister Akron passed away and I thought I would have something to say about it by now. But I don't have anything to say. Its just sad and horrible, tragic and untimely, plain and simple, that's that. So Marky, there is no way to fill your space. And it was totally and completely awesome to know you. So...... Thanks.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Wow--as simple as that was, that was totally sweet and appropriate. I can see Marky nodding along with you, saying yeah yeah sure, and sipping a Pepsi.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home