Thursday, March 15, 2007

This is what I live for?

Yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with a friend from LA... giddy and happy and sharing all the tidbits about why its been so great to move back to the midwest. Beautiful old homes in affordable price ranges, small amounts of traffic, and my favorite reason; seasons. LA may get year-round good weather, but I get Spring and Fall.

When I was running around the past 2 days, no jacket, jeans and a t-shirt, I thought for a moment that it could already be here. Spring that is. Winter, a thing of the past... and here we are.

I spent all last night, after Elliott went to bed, priming the living room walls for our painting extravaganza this weekend. Well, between all the St. Patrick's Day celebrating... cuz you know its my fav holiday! But I digress. I had windows open while I was painting (at least, the few that are not currently painted shut)... and at 12:30 am it was raining, but still beautiful and balmy outside.

Somewhere between 1:30am when I fell alseep and this morning at 7, when my mommy alarmclock started blasting, SNOW crept in and blanketed these very surroundings. A thin white cover to remind me of yet another thing the midwest has to offer.... unpredictability. If it snowed one day in the middle of July, I would not be surprised.

So here is the picture of this morning: Momma & babe lounging on our California King bed, while snow falls in March after 2 days of almost 70 degrees, and Dora & Boots are on their way to spending day at the beach. That is, once that crazy-ass Map gets his shit together and tells them which way to go.

In Other News:

We're headed over to my Grams today to spend some quality time and eat Irish Soda Bread. Or at least I will, because I can't imagine my kid is going to be hungry after all the toenails she's chewed off her little bubble toes so far this morning. And I only wish I was kidding.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Welcome back to Ohio. It keeps you on your toes, to say the least!

How can we break Bean of this nail chewing habit early? It'll avoid years and years of strife and suffering to quit!! Let her have the damn pom, but let's stop the nail biting!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home