Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This time, I'll be the one to say it...

Happy Birthday To ME! I know I just told you yesterday that I was going to take time off, but today... today I am bursting at the seams to share how happy I am.

It is so snowy, cold and WINDY here that we cannot even leave the house. More than 3/4 of the house is packed, and it is kinda starting to feel like we are squatting... save for the running water, heat and electricity to keep my sanity. And yet today I want to shout from the roofs and dance around... I'M 30!

I did not even know you could get so excited about a birthday. Or birthdays in general. But now I think I know how normal people feel when they tell me they love their birthday. I think for the first time I get it. And I was so not expecting to feel this way about it or 30 in general, and maybe that's how it gets you after all these years.

I can only figure that it has something to do with a feeling of accomplishement, happiness, contentment, security in myself and where my life is going that helps to make me feel this way. Maybe 30 is the new 20, maybe its that I feel like an actual adult, what with being a mom and finally owning my own home. Who knows. Today I don't even really care.... I'M 30!

Word to me, my Mutha & my Daddio for not killing me so many years ago. I know there was a time when the idea sounded really, really good. (wink wink)
Love ya!

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home