Friday, February 02, 2007

Answer me this, Dear Internet...

These days I am in a constant state of world saving preperation and preparedness (read: insanity). I do my part to RRR as often as possible, choose organic where it makes a difference, support local businesses and my local farmers, (eat seasonally, shop locally) skip the beef & swine, and purchase freerange (read: happy) chicken & eggs. Hell, I even switched my Cheetos to All Natural (and they are guuuuuuhhhh-ooooooood).

We don't use paper napkins, paper plates or many papertowels. But now that we are packing up, I was thinking about getting a stack of paperplates... you know, just for the last few days of the move. How bad could it be? And don't they have recycled paper products these days? And then the thought crossed my mind... (this is how insane I really am, that I even bother to think these things) Whats the difference in waste, between paperplates and using the dishwasher? With the amount of energy and water used to run it (always full as full could be) am I really keeping the damage to a minimum? No, seriously. Answer me that, internet.

Do you get the distinct vibe that I am a total bleeding-heart-liberal-treehugging-hippie-freak?

I certainly hope so. Cuz crazy comes in so many shapes and sizes, and the real kick is that we are always altering the disguise. (winkwink)

In Other News:

Went out with Kato&Glenny last night for super YUMMY food and drinks at Mas. Thank you again. I ask you, what more could a girl want. ;-)

-over and out-

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

You will find this website useful:

http://www.treehugger.com/

Particularly, the how to go green section.

6:08 PM  
Blogger dao said...

Deebo! Thanks... thats exactly what I was looking for, with no time to get out there and check the internet. yer the best!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

No problem! It's my job to be on the internet all day. I can't believe somebody's finally paying me for that!

I got stuck on this one, though. It's a good read.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home