Friday, December 22, 2006

Crippled

Its a shame that some people (like me) are crying cripples. Do you know what I am talking about? I am almost completely physically incapable of crying. And even when I do, its only like a slow leak of a few short tears. I have heard through the grapevine that a good cry can bring about a great emotional release.

I need that release.

So, how do I go about getting it? I used to have some really bad bad bad habits that equated to a good cry, but I am 30 yrs old (in a blink) and I think at some point you have to leave certain things to the teens. I could watch some sappy pap but I doubt that would work now either. I wore out Beaches and most Julia Roberts flicks before I'd turned 16. What happens to make people this way? I totally have emotions, and some of them want to rear their ugly little heads, but right above the throat something gets caught..... and this one, I think I'm gonna need to wrangle.

In Other News:

I would totally take snow over all this rain we've been having. Its so grey and unwelcoming, each and every day. I could use a little Christmas Cheer. We're headed out to Miller Beach to spend the Holiday and I am really looking forward to it.

I think someone should take the internet away from me since I don't have too much positive, or funny to say....

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ending of most Scrubs episodes usually brings the waterworks for Connie. Have you tried that?

I'm a robot too, don't feel alone.

9:58 AM  
Blogger dao said...

Dave, glad to know you still read me. ;-) Grey's usually gets to me,(I don't want to be dark & twisty anymore either) but everything is reruns. I wouldn't feel alone if you would return my emails. or myspace breakup comments, either would do. but i got.... nuthin'. (enough guilt yet?)

10:13 AM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

Hit up the last-ever scene of Six Feet Under. Or last season's end of Grey's when we lost Denny Duquette forever.
*sniff*

Or if you really want to cry until your eyes get puffy, pull out "What Dreams May Come."

"...here comes the rain again..."
xo

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bottle of wine and "What Dreams May Come" does it for me like an EFFING CHARM!

Actually, add a bottle of wine to just about any situation and I can whip up some tears--like sitting in the dark around Christmas time (looking at the tree, it snowing outside) and a little Manneheim Steamroller's Stille Nacht, Over the Rhine's Silent night, and Tori Amos' Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas and it's ON like DONKEY KONG.

But here, I'm always wondering how people can NOT cry... I'm a crying cripple, but in reverse!

...and then I cried.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home