Tuesday, November 28, 2006

MY SNOWMAN!



A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

Thanks to Fer for decorating our house in a minimal way for Christmas this year, since I was thinking maybe we would just skip it due to how busy we've been and will continue to be. But, just like last year, he rose to the occasion and I came home to a pretty Charlie Brown Tree, fully decorated, and one singing snowman. At first, Elliott was afraid of the snowman... still unsure of the world between moving things that are alive, and moving/talking inanimate objects. Sunday afternoon, she wanted nothing to do with the singing snowman. By Sunday night however, (which in the world of toddler is apparently a lifetime) Snowman has become one of her favorite toys since "Elmo Loves You". It sits at a toy piano and sings in 2 minutes a medly of songs: Let it snow, Jingle Bell Rock and Have a Holly Jolly Christmas. Being that it is not even Dec 1 yet, and I have heard this medly no less than 200 times, please excuse me if we have Christmas on Dec 10 and call it a day.

Because taking it away or turning it off, well, my daughter is too smart for that. She runs right over to it, turns it over and flips the switch, or looks all over, high and low, climbs the bookcase if she needs to, because something that she loves has been taken away and needs rescued. And if that is not enough for you to prove that Markoviciousness is genetic, then really, I can't imagine you know me at all. (wink wink) The ends of the earth you say? No Prob. How bad could it be, a 5 day trip at most?

In Other News:
I've been losing my mind a bit these past few days.... losing sight of One day at a time, let the path unfold and HALT. You would think I joined up and all, but really, it makes a ton of sense to me. Gotta get back to basics. So I did the girl thing last night, wrote it all out, used my guidance cards and man, do the answers show up as soon as you calm down long enough to get the message.
Today, grey or not, I am going to enjoy this last gift of 60 degrees before winter really sets in.
Thank you.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Ah.) YAY! I GOT HER I LOVE YOU ELMO! GOOD AUNTIE!

Bah.) Needs "to be" rescued. Verb form, darling. Another 'vicious habit that needs "to be" broken. (Thanks, Harv!)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

If you've no penny, a ha'penny will do... if you have no ha'penny then god bless you!

I love that we know really obscure Christmas carols. It makes me feel all superior.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home