Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Mister Akron

Happy Birthday today to the one and only Mister Akron. In the history of Akron, I think this one guy takes the cake as full knowing and being all there is to be of this Great American City. I think I need to pick up and few books and get back in the game if I ever want to be Mz. Akron. And not in the way that my sister was/is Miss Greater Akron... like the punk version. Or something. I dont think its possible for me to wear a crown and a nose ring at the same time. It like, clashes.

Its strange to know, love and be a city that is referenced in a million ways by people who think they know... but they have no idea. Like on ER last week the crazy Jesus freak character (i watch religiously, but never bother to learn the new kids names till they've been on at least 2 seasons... people come and go so quickly here, why get attached.) Anyway, that one, the born again, starts talking about Dayton, OH and then mentions that she's from Akron anyway. Akron huh? Always makes me want to mix my tv show metaphors and say: What you takin' bout Willis?

But I digress... I am still wrapping my head around the fact that there are only a mere 3 days till Thanksgiving (which in my mind i pronounce: Thanks-giving) Maybe its that southern hillbilly i picked up somewhere along the way. Maybe its a genetic thing, but there is a part of me that always makes me want to thank Mike Haynes for that one. (oh dear sisters, are you ROTFL?) Or maybe its the stress on the thanks part comes from Fer and I watching the Secret last night... or I watched as much as I could before I turned into a pumpkin at 9:30 because the day had kicked my ass. In a good way, but I was DONE. It all comes down to the Laws of Attraction, which I firmly believe in. I have a million anecdotes I could relate here to prove my point, and as H. Harvey Gold says: "He who has the most anecdotes at death wins" and to spare you now I will just say... i think i could be winning. ;-) I have a long life ahead of me I know, but seriously... I have a lot.

The sunshine I asked to meet last week has finally arrived, literally, and i am sitting in the warm glow. Today is going to be a good day, and the week is shaping up to be quite sunny & balmy. So here is my Thanks.

In Other News:

I have too many things I should be doing right now, but I just really wanted to stop in and say Hi since being neglectful to you, dear internet, is putting it mildly. I love you. Stick around, I'll be back soon.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Miss'd Akron,

"I liiiiike it, it's niiiiiice..."

Actually we must've been on the same wavelength the other day because I actually said out loud, "SSDD... same shit, different day" to someone and giggled to myself. I wonder if Mike Haynes is on myspace...

And I'm a wedding coordinator so that anecdote thing? It's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

Nice post.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home