Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Finished


look at me, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

Fer was super awesome and took all these photos of the chairs that I finished this weekend. (if you click on the photo it will take you to the others) My finger is still all sorts of messed up from hammering the shit out of it.... but overall I am no worse for the wear.

I'm excited about the finished product, and this was the largest undertaking of recovering that I have ever done. But I think they are pretty cool..... with the brass-tack finish on the sides of the back and the hot pink detail around the top of the chairs.

Can you tell I am proud of myself? LMAO.

In Other News:

The colder weather is setting in and we are going shopping this weekend for fall/winter clothes. I have to admit that I am kinda excited about fall... I am also getting tix for the 2 Twilight shows for Nov.... and I know you already know that I am totally peeing my pants over that. In 1 month I am going to see Joe Arthur, Hamell on Trial w/Dan Bern no less, and TWO Twilight shows. On top of the fact that Jason & Cassandra AND Brett & Deb are visiting in the month of October..... my head may actually explode with joy before thanksgiving even gets here.

And as I am thinking of thanksgiving, I can not believe that its been almost 2 years since we moved here. Its been 1 year since both bean & I started school and 1 year since she was in the hospital. Holy shit... its all sinking in....WOW. One day at at time gets ya there, but its amazing how far we've come. I love this wild ride.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

NICE CHAIRS! Look at that ribbon detail! SUPERB!

And as I clicked through to flickr, I realized there was a photo of bean that I missed! How did that happen?!?!?

3:46 PM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

Nice work, kiddo. Brass heads knock me out, and as a kid, were just THE BEST for picking at... second only to the eyes of my Teddy Bear.

And yeah, we left Akron in the summer, and returned to that sweet unmistakable smell of Fall.Wish you were here to sniff it with me.

xoxo

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home