Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome Back, Carters....


Well, we made it. Back into the land of the living from a week in northern Wisconsin. When they said we were going to Wildman Ranch, they were not kidding. I saw death only once, during my extreme ATV ride up and back down the side of a mountain. It was over 2 hours long, and extremely hard, let alone for a first timer. BUT, much to my dismay while I was doing it, I finished the trail and I have toadmit our guide was right, I am damn proud of myself. Who cares. I only burnt my ankle once and its healing well. lol.

I also got to join in on the horseback riding, which I had not done since I was a young girl, and it was amazing. 2 hours of trails through the northern woods on the most beautiful and pristine morning. The sky looked like a painting all day... it really was serene.
Most of the time Elliott and I got to hang out and walk around in the wilderness, drenched in Deep Woods Off. It was awsome for me to see her so excited about all the new things she was encountering, and it reminded me of where I grew up... all the time I spend in our ravine as a kid; dreaming, getting lost, planning life. Yes, I was a planner even then.

And I think during all this, Fer and I came to some resolutions: we are really spending time reflecting and figuring out what we want, what it all means to us, what we see for our future, and its really exciting. There's a lot of life to be lived, and we are gonna make our mark on it. And maybe even take a vacation just the 2 of us..... someday.

We also came face to face with our little climber. She was all over the alpine tower climb... claiming "I can do it daddy, I can do it daddy, I can do it." as we let her make it as far up as we felt comfortable. We'll put a video up of it as soon as we can... since we came home to work every day for me (sat-thurs) and Fer is headfirst in catchin-up round his place. And so it goes, back to the grind, happy to be back, with some good memories and great photos. But for my next vacation, I have my fingers crossed for a sandy beach somewhere, a little shade, and a nice breeze. Wink wink.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

So are we hittin' up the Froggy Dog or what? I bet Ellie's version of "Little Town" would surely score her a standing ovation.

xoxo always.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Video? Did someone say video of the climber? Pray tell?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

I logged on this a.m. to check my blogs thinking, "There's no way the uploaded video."

But I just checked and WOW... What a climber and ALL of her ABC's???

Astounding.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home