Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tree hugger at Heart

As I sit here this am, eating my bowl of Organic Granny Smith Granola with Soy Milk, listening to Nada Surf, with my unshaven armpits I can't help but think..... what the F happened to that Punk Rock girl we all used to know and love?!?!? Man have I mellowed or what.

I guess I always knew I was a tree hugger at heart, but somehow, finding long losts on MySpace last night (hi Jason!!) I was smacked in the face with where I've come from.... and its been a kick ass journey so far.

(oh, BTW mom, you might want to stop reading here, but if not, don't say I didnt warn you:)

It was in the basement of Jason's mom's house that I took acid for the first time, on spring break, 1994 and had a horrible, horrible time. Bob & Jason tried to make it up to me, you know... like guide me to get me outta it, and it almost worked, till I realized I had curfew. We had to have Jason's mom drive my car home... that was after I spent almost 2 hours crying on his front stoop cuz i couldn't figure out what was happening to me. HA HA HA. Thank god I was too young to know that I ought to be embarrassed by that, and that Bob, Jason & Geoff were nice enough, were friends enough, that they didn't make fun of me for it. Thats really a test of friendship, now isnt it.

In case you are wondering, no, I never did take acid again, (although I wish I could say the same about some other subtances). I was too afraid it would land my unstable ass in the nuthouse, and let's be honest here... most days I only thought I had a hall pass from it anyway. LMAO.

So the memories.... they keep coming back.... and lets just say I am lucky enough that the majority of my life thus far has consisted of good times........... good times.

-over and out-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah that was funny. you were doing that thing where you flip back and forth from lauging to crying, it's kinda creepy if you think about it. but quite common i hear. i think i felt to guilty to tease you about it. (sorry gayle's mom). dude, i was such a dorkfest back then why did you hangout with me? i love telling people how i used to wear a giant gold pot leaf shaped nose ring from quanset hut.
btw bob and geoff?......exactly the same now as you remember. geoff is in my list of myspace friends under one f

-jason

12:55 PM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

ah, i am quite resilient myself, you know but thanks for the warning. and to be honest, you had already told me about your one time with it...and then you made h promise to never let me try it--like i would [not]. yes, highly unlikely.

you have to trust your friends, i guess, both to get you into trouble (for the experience) and back out of trouble (because they love you). life's funny like that, eh?

now go hug a tree on your day off. and be glad you still have your memories--i hope they never fade. xoxo

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Oh my god, Geoff not JeffreyFrance? I have not heard that name in a LONG time!!!

I adored his crazy ass, I'll have to go and look him up on myspace... and Jason was pretty cool, too. Why were your friends so much cooler than mine? Pray tell?

But my biggest question is did Bob start showering? I just remember him never showering and that damn child molester van he had with the stolen picnic table in the back. How cool does one person get?

3:40 PM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

What's acid? Should this be worrying me?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home