Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Not a Finga!!"

Some of you have already seen this photo of Bean & Lau at Fer's page. But for those of you that have not, I thought it was worth reposting it here for 2 reasons: 1. Aren't they cute together? Now if only we could get Elliott to stop trying to take out Lilah's eyes, all would be well. 2. It slightly showcases the new green medallion rug we picked up last weekend.

We've been doing some stuff around here to warm the place up for fall. New rug, new dining room chairs, and I put together some of Elliott's paintings to form 2 sizeable abstract art works; 1 for the living room, 1 for our bedroom. And I must say, its all turning out pretty cool.

This last weekend, I decided that I wanted to start back up with some knitting and sewing ideas, so I cleaned my side of the basesment and started getting things in order. Fer and I got these 2 chairs a few months ago that we re-finished the wood on, and I finally found some fabric that I loved, so yesterday I decided to take on the task of recovering them. Isn't it awesome?
I only had time yesterday to recover 1... and its almost finished. It was WAAAAYYY more of an undertaking than I had anticipated, although totally worth it to do it right. However, last night around 8:30 when I was trying to finsh the back, catastrophy struck:


In all my years of home improvement work, which is a lot since I am a Markovich, I have never once hammered a digit. Last night, not only did I hammer it, I hauled off and square on smashed the shit out of my finger. I am not ashamed to admit that I was so shocked after it happened that I thought I had completely shattered my top knuckle, but also that I was hyperventilating in the kitchen as I was icing it down and cried for probably 20 minutes. Shortly thereafter I called it a night and just got into my pjs and bed. I think it was around 9:15.

Today, while still throbbing and swollen, I can at least move enough of the rest of my hand to function. I have my fingers crossed that I don't lose the nail... hence I would not be able to work for awhile. Kinda gross to be touching someone's skin with an open wound, ha ha. Good times, riiight?

In Other News:

Twilight dates have been announced, and I am SOOOO going to the Double Door 2 nights in a row come november. That's hot. And tomorrow night we have friends from LA coming over for dinner that we have not seen in over 2 years. Even with a gimp finger, things are looking up up up.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Wow! I love that chair!

My sister and her husband restore/build their own furniture as a side business. If you ever have any questions, I can get you in touch with her. She's hilarious and they've tackled some crazy stuff. For a while, she was re-caning chairs. I don't know what that means, but I know it was effin' hard!!

Good work!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Recaning chairs is for crazy people. Dao, remember our old dining room chairs with those thin wicker backs? Those are caned chairs. So essentially she's weaving thin strips of food. See? Crazy people? Or patient people.

But that's crazy.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home