Thursday, October 19, 2006

Black as your soul


A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

So, I know its a little blurry, but i thought i would just take a moment to update you on my super black, super gross fingernail. I have yet to lose it, but i know its just around the corner.

I have a million things to update you on, photos to share, thoughts to expand upon, however, i am in the beginnings of visit #4 out of 5 for the month... so.... yeah, i think its gonna have to wait.

One thing i cant wait on tho, is sharing the fact that i was called for Jury duty this week. One good thing about the Cook County Criminal Court system is that its a 1 day only situation if you dont get called to a jury. So, i went on tuesday, at the crack ass o' dawn and watched 2 movies on this here laptop before i was sent on my merry way with a check for a whopping $17.20. I have 2 questions in regards to this: 1. whats with the .20? In all honesty, it seems that having change at all associated with this arrangement and not having it be at least in .25 incriments is just.... degrading. seriously. I mean, if I had been picked to serve on a jury, that means that for the duration, i am being paid $2.15/hr, which, last time i checked, was below minimum wage for a citizen, which you have to be to serve in the first place. Let alone i MAKE more than that just doing laundry in the comfort of my own home, soooooo I am here again because why? Riiight. Civic duty.

Well, that brings me straight to question #2: In my civic duty that pays less than the hourly wage of most non-citizens, are you, dear government, going to request that I pay taxes on my measly paycheck? OOOHHHH WAIT! Is that where the .20 comes from? No f-in shit... did I already pay those taxes? Bastards. clearly, not even my unbiased opinion is worth much....

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Hey... you forgot to email me yesterday.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home