Sunday, December 17, 2006

From the mouths of Babes

Real quick, before I have to go get ready for my day (working on Sunday's blows sometimes, let me tell you) I thought I would share these tidbits from Elliott's conversations with us this am. And I am not joking, these are unaltered statements. Soon I will remember to take the italk with me into her room and actually catch some of this stuff on audiofile so that you indeed know, dear readers, that I am not completely full of shit. Kay?

My morning wake up call today consisted of Elliott pushing her feet against the wall and rocking her crib back and forth so that it slams into the wall making a HUGE banging noise. She thinks this is hilarious, and I am sure that if you asked our neighbors, you know, the ones who spend every weekend out till 4am while their kid is off with the grandparents, if this is the way they like to be woken up at 7:15am, I am sure they would totally agree. And do you sense a hint of jealousy? Yes, Yes you do.

Anyway, I go in and she throws a toy at me. So, you know, being the adult I throw it back at her and she says with all seriousness: "DON'T throw toys at me, its not POLITE!" And I said: "Uh, no, its not polite, but where did you learn the word polite and to use it correctly?" "From the Belle Book."

And all I can say is at least she learned it from a book, and not TV like I thought she was going to say. ha ha.

Then we had a morning backscratch share, and after Fer was done scratching her back she turns around and says: "daddy, can you scratch my other back?" And with that, she meant her front. LMAO.

Somedays its like a nonstop comedy show around here. I may have to start selling tickets!

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh.my.god.

i can't wait for mom to hang up and come in the room for me to read this to her. She's gonna shit.

Do you ever worry that she is going to start teaching *you* shit???

Give Miss Manners a hug from me.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home