Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well then, I hate you too

Holy F-ing Shit. Yucca brought this to my attention today. I shouldn't be amazed at the stupidity out there in the great wide beyond of the interweb, but seriously. Seriously!?! I cannot even comprehend it. Not at all. It would be funny, if not for being totally terrifying.

Particularly, the two disclaimers at the end: they are constantly updating the list, and that there are people out there so furiously emailing this dude to notify him of the vast amounts of gay-oriented music available, their heads are all on the verge of exploding.

What I DO enjoy about this site, is the fact that an active email address is available to ALL OF US so that we may contact and overload the massive gmail account in moments of outrage or boredom; whichever moves you to action:
donniedavies@gmail.com

I have a few points on which to expound (i mean really, when don't I anyway):

ah. How come only Elton John gets a (really gay) after his name? I think Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters may be hurt by that. Besides, it would sound super spesh if they said (uber gay) anyway.

bah. How come Boy George has a * after his name with no disclaimer? What I dislike even more than bigotry is half-assed explainations in support of bigotry. I mean, how can I argue back when its not clear where you stand? Is it the drugs? Is that it? Because I think you missed the * after about 3/4 of that page. But I digress.

3. (doesn't that just make you cringe? the flipping from abc's to 123's? I know! I'm making all this worse! Just trying to drive the insanity home!) I don't see Scott Stapp or Creed on that list. If that shit isn't gay, I don't know what is!

And finally (for now, I could really go on for DAYS on this shit) I am so happy to own more than 3/4 of their list so far! Look at me! I love gay music. Now, do you think Fer was trying to tell me something, buying the latest Scissor Sisters? LMAO.

Idiots.

In Other News:

really, even if I did have something else right now, nothing competes with that. seriously.

-over and out-

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wants to break the news to him that "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper isn't gay, but that it *IS* about masterbation??

OH WAIT! I DO! I DO!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger the dollimama said...

dogstar? DOGSTAR??? you've got to be kidding me... D.O.G.S.T.A.R.??? is this proof that keanu is really gay? but really, who listens to dogstar anyway??? seriously...

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother,

First of all, it is of the utmost importance that you REMOVE Cyndi Lauper from your safe music list--who on Earth misled you to believe that she was child-appropriate!?!? Her hit 1980s song "She Bop" was a subversive plot to educate teens about self pleasure! It might not be of the homosexual nature, but it is deplorable!!

Two other items of note--there is no question that Morrissey's music is pro-gay. Even if he himself isn't gay, his music symphathizes with and promotes the gay movement. But why the asterisk next to Boy George (and I really think his band, Culture Club, should be listed separately to avoid confusion)? I think Boy George should be with Elton John in the "super gay" category; or is there an upper eschalon of "uber gay" that could be developed? At any rate, neither of their music should ever be listened to! I also think Boy George abuses drugs and is a devil worshipper. And he's involved in theater.

Furthermore, to add to your "Gay Music List" that I suggest you add immediately--Some of these I have heard by mistakenly purchasing music that purported itself to be Christian and was very upset! And I've put them in alphabetical order for easier posting (I think it would be easier to scan if they were listed this way)

Aretha Franklin
Backstreet Boys
Bad English
Billy Joel
Billy Ocean
Bobby Brown
Bon Jovi
Canaan
Color me Badd
Creed
Damn Yankees
Duran Duran
Evanesence
Fergie
George Michael (See Wham)
Girardo
Godsmack
Goo Goo Dolls
Gospel Express Ministries
Great White
Hootie and the Blowfish
John Mayer
Justin Ryan
Justin Timberlake (see Backstreet Boys)
Katrina and the Waves
Kris Kross
Matchbox 20
Menudo (see Ricky Martin)
Michael Jackson
Mike & the Mechanics
Milli Vanilli
Mr. Big
Nelson
New Kids on the Block
Odd Girl Out
Pantera
Positive Voices
Ricky Martin
Scorpions
Sisters with Voices
Slayer
Stryper
The Annointing
The Replacements
Tupac Shakur
U2
Warrant
Wham
White Lion
Winger

I will think of more and talk to some colleagues about this list and get back to you as soon as possible with some additions.

And I can't confirm this, but don't you think Josh Groban is gay?

Yours in Christ,

Meghan

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad. No Tin Huey? I mean, a band that does a power pop (THAT, in and of itself) version of a British (strike 2) Top of the Pops hit by a wine soaked guy in a wheel chair that wears monks robes that covers a Monkees hit (I mean really) written by Neil Diamond (OK, there's a little conflict there Kris)?

How about a song called 'Pink Berets' about a boy in the USO?

I mean unlistenable Art Rock can be gay too, y'know!!!!! geez!

HHarvey

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I earn his trust, I bet I can get any band I want on there.

I mean... Tupac Shakur?!?! LOL

And by the way, somehow Kirk didn't see the humor in my email to that guy... HELLO!?!?

9:07 AM  
Blogger dao said...

well, the un-humerous part is that... this dude is insane and serious. Thats whats totally fucked up and not funny. All we are doing is making it absurd enough to cope with the vast amount of ignorance. I bet kirk is just too sensitive to get to the absurd. thats all.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does wearing a loincloth (Ted Nugent) make one gay?

That list is a bunch of horse shit!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did any of you notice that Elton John is so gay, that he's on there twice?

I'm just sayin'.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Just wanted to let everyone know that it has been two days and our dear friend has not written back to me.

Do you think he sensed my sarcasm?? I tried to walk the fine line of being ridiculous and earning his trust so that we could get any band we wanted listed on his website.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

NO REPLY!!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home