Friday, January 05, 2007

The 1st Step

There are many 1st steps you take in life. Really, as I sit here and think about it, just about every little thing is a first step to something.

I have already had a few 1st steps in this New Year. Some of you know how I am not into N.Y. Resolutions. They really don't mean too much to me for the following reasons: ah) I never like doing personal things on timelines. Mine or anyone else's. bah) resolutions make me feel like its Lent all year long. And you know how well that's worked out for me, so yeah. Although the year that someone introduced the concept of Sunday's Off during Lent helped a little bit, I have never really been able to abstain from much, let alone for 40 days and nights. Say it with me: Cuh-raaaay-zay!

So, yesterday's first step was telling my jobbie job that I am leaving. I was nervous about this one, but I had to bite the bullet and see what happened. It went really well, but it was still strange and wierd.

Why am I leaving my job? For the first time, outted here: The Carter's are on the move again. In 11 days we will sign all the papers to close on a big, drafty, old house (built 1919) in Highland Square. And for those of you who don't know where that is, it's in the heart of Akron, Oh... the cool, hip, artsy, liberal, granola eating, craft fair throwing, buck the system West Akron. Just down the street from both Stan Hywet Hall AND Dr. Bob's house. I could totally give you a laundry list of who and what was started in Akron, but I will save that for some other day. And as an invite to any of my dear friends, know we will always have an open door, including Founder's Day Weekend, I know the hotels are always booked. (wink wink)

There's been a million ups and downs in the past few weeks, but it looks like we are in the home stretch. And although some of the snafus that we have encounted have totally sucked ass, we are moving forward with the best plan possible, and are totally going to make all this work... Cuz thats what I do!

So, all of that in mind, we are moving at the end of Feb. Not too soon, just soon enough.

In Other News:

I fell off the GH wagon, but just a little bit though. Like, I had 1 leg off, but am mostly still connected. I watched 4 episodes in the past 3 weeks. Its a slippery slope I know, i know. At first I thought I would just stop in and catch up a bit.... but then you always want to see what happens....but, I won't let it take over like it did before. I promise. ;-)

BTW, did anyone happen to catch this week's My Name is Earl "COPS" episode this week? Pure hysterical genius. Completely solidified my love for Jason Lee. I got that AND Twilight Singers on Jimmy Kimmel Live all in one week. Thank god I love TV, it makes up so many of my little joys in life. LMAO.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You had me at balls..." Holy sh*t I about fell off the couch laughing. I dunno about TS, not my favorite song. And did you see at the end where they totally advertised the wrong band? WTF? Anyways, heres to Akron! GIMME BACK MY HARMONICA

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home