Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Houses houses everywhere, but not a drop to drink?

Oh no, wait. That's bubbles bubbles everywhere. Well, either way.

Hello, hello bitter cold, Welcome. At last you show your face 'round here... still not in time to save my mind from wandering into the global warming category and scaring the shit out of me. I find myself reading Green articles every chance I get. Questioning if the Method cleaning products that I spend my hard earned money on are really good enough. Should I spend even more and switch to Seventh Generation? Can I replace things in my house with recylced and sustainable materials? Are more people thinking this way and demonstrating the 3Rs? (incase you don't know what that means, I will skip the part where I tell you how sad you are making me and tell you: reduce reuse recycle) K?

But I digress... sustainable living brings me to the house thoughts, and the house thoughts are all over the place... it is so strange to find yourself living in limbo, owning something and not yet being there to experience it. However, the move is less than 3 weeks away, and Fer & I decided last night that this Sat will be my last day of work. The end here is in sight, and while bittersweet, I am super excited to start the new journey. And there are so many more things going on... and so much more fun to be had.

Last night, after a few weeks of talkingandfiguringandplanning, (planning.... that maynan is good at the planning) Maynan & Kirkie made a ruuuulll big big kid move and put an offer on a house. A cute, ready to have their stamp marked upon it, 4 bedroom for them to grow into, house. It sits kitty-corner from the 1st house we spent our days in, which is strange enough, BUT---- BUT (can you sense my finger flying up in the air, pointing out to you for emphasis?) most importantly, it is within walking distance from OUR new house. Which means, BOTH of my sisters will be walking distance for whatever the case may be: craft night (cuz we're guh-hay-hay!), tv time, a stumble home if need be, and to babysit! LMAO.

I have a really good feeling about this... something just tells me its all working out. Not necessarily as planned, because as you know, I never really plan much other than home decor, but... its just good. Its a good working out feeling....

Sated.

In Other News:

Its just soooo easy to fall back into the GH trap. So, so easy. Damn you Carly.

-over and out-

3 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Okay, your post finally got me excited. I can't talk to you for awhile; I'm supposed to be remaining calm, here!!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

This is all good stuff... great stuff actually, but remember, regardless of what kind of li'l familial sisterly magical PTA cult you get going in The Square, the grandfreaks must, be... MUST BE sated, and sated often with many, many babysitting fixes.

We have spoken.

Mr and Mrs Bathole

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Harvey,

You can babysit Raleigh and Twiggy as often as necessary. They miss you.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home