Thursday, February 08, 2007

A mere 2 hours....

That's the total amount of sleep I got last night, if you add up all the 15minute increments of it anyway.

Elliott has the stomach flu. And a viral cough. And Eczema.

We're a real barrel of laughs round here today. But let me tell you, do I have a Markovicious Trooper when it comes to getting sick. Poor girl threw up about 10 times since last night at 1am when she woke up getting sick. All night long she and I laid on her floor, in a mess of blankets and pillows, grabbing the bucket every time she was getting sick. And after, she would smile and thank me and say she was all better.

What a good and special little bean-a.

When we left for the Dr this morning, I felt like a terrible, terrible Momma because I was thinking about how I never got her flu vaccine this year, because they say its only super important for kids under 2. Well, she's over 2. And its a pain in the ass to park for her Doctor. So... we just never went. And this morning, I felt like all her sickness was my fault.

So I told the Dr when we got there... all her crazy things, cough, rash and throwing up. And that I am the worst mom ever cuz I didnt get her flu shot. And she gave me my reprieve: flu vaccine only works for resperatory flu... not stomach flu. And she's overe 2 and healthy, its not a big deal. It's all good.
"
Except its not, cuz bean still doesn't feel too hot, but I got her all kinds of "make me better" food and drink, and she will have a full day of babying & favorite movie watching.....

at least for as long as I can stay awake.

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home