Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 17 hath come and gone

Hello... is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me....

Its been 11 months since I took to blogging. 3 years of regular communication with you, Dear Internet, and then I vanish. I have no excuse, except for life getting in the way. Parenting, more house repairs, and few killer trips/vacations, oh... and the getting knocked up again sometime around my birthday. I think you all knew that by now, what with all the pics of me with a giant belly floating through the ether.


This is pretty much what's happening now... Freaky. Taken on Sunday, the day before my due date. 40 freaking weeks of carrying child number 2, whom shall be named Frankie Jane Carter. That is, if and when she ever gets the F out here.

I have been ready to go and get this labor thing over with for 2 weeks now... waiting and waiting and waiting. Nothing. Contractions here and there... but nothing.

Elliott, who all of a sudden started calling herself a big sister in early March before I knew I was knocked up, who swore up and down from the getgo it was going to be another girl, (no option what-so-ever that it was a boy) repeatedly said that Frankie would come when it snows. And I won't lie, it freaked me out a little considering last week it was 60 and sunny here for multiple days in a row. But yesterday, it snowed a little, and then a little more, and this morning we awoke to a complete winter wonderland. 2-3 inches of light, powdery, fluffy-ass snow and NO FREAKING BABY.

And this time I will not be afraid to have my labor jump-started if need be. So kid, let this be fair warning, I am giving you and mother nature 5 more days to complete your task on your own, and then you are out, come hell or high water. Besides, you're already 8lbs, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!?

In Other News:

I am going to try and take to this blogging thing again more regularly (if anyone still cares) and we will see where it takes us again.

Oh, and Yucca, ask me again: "What, no baby today?" and see what happens. I dare you...
;-)

-over and out-

7 Comments:

Blogger TheDollimama said...

[hand held up]...*i* care! i admit to checking your blog periodically to see if there's someone who's as lax about blogging as i became. you are. yaayyy. xoxo

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I care! :o) ~ William

12:27 PM  
Blogger dao said...

U guys are too cute. Thanks for caring... it gives me more incentive to update regularly!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always care babies (literally)
-kc

2:01 PM  
Blogger JSauce said...

Wow, blast from the past! I have you on my Google reader and this popped up. Congrats!

Janna

6:19 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

...That you blogged.

That baby thing? Sure, it'll happen soon, but I had to wait even longer for you to blog, dammit. ;-)

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh heavens to Betsy (what a good ol' phrase)! Over here in Japan I picked up my computer and showed it around, all slow-like...a la kindergarten story time. And I apologize, but it went something like this:

Look at my friend. Oh my god. Look at my poor friend. It's so big! How did it get so big? How can it stretch like that? Oh my god. Oh...my... big.

So, hope that little lady gets the show on the road sometime soon. And damn. That's big.

xoxox

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home