Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good morning Starshine.....

... the Earth says Hello!

In the midst of of sadness and grief, there are still moments of laughter and joy. It's kind of amazing isn't it? Life....

There's all these sayings people use about life: its what happens when you're making other plans. If you don't stop to enjoy it once in awhile, you may miss it. You know, all those things that seem so silly, until you realize that people say them because they're true.

My Dad is a classic example of this kind of behavior, and I think I have inherited this gene from him. I always have something to say, some explanation for, well, just about anything under the sun. Its annoying and irritating at times, and I try to control it to an extent, but I guess its just kinda who I am, where I come from.

So, when words fail me, or, even when its a situation where there is some old saying that would indeed be true or apply, being able to recognize that I'm Sorry and silence is the kindest thing a person can do. Because I am sorry. And no words are going to make it better. And no one wants to hear "there is a plan" or any of that other inane bullshit when you are staring down the worst moments of your life. Comfort can come in many forms, in many way, at any time, if we allow it to.

Today, the sun is shining and for me, it brings comfort. I do not know where yours will come from, or when it will arrive. But I believe it will arrive. Fleeting and momentary in the beginning, and evolving over time.

I believe that at any given time, when we realize we are not alone, that there are others out there experiencing life, living, the bad and the good, waking up each day and moving in a forward motion to see what else is in store, that that knowledge brings comfort as well.

So this is my return... my reminder to you, and to myself, that we are not alone. If you are happy today, be happy. It is another day, a fresh start, a warm sun. If you are in the midst of pain and sorrow, remember there is love for you, and it comes in overwhelming waves at times, from all directions. But what better than to love, and be loved in return.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home