Friday, November 21, 2008

2 more days and nothing but snow

It's been snowing for like 4 days or so now, and its hitting around the 7 in mark I do believe. I honestly don't mind the snow too much, until it starts to get in the way of being able to do anything. And I will admit, I have not been fully prepared for winter like weather due to the fact I was SURE I would be out of maternity clothing and back into my own wardrobe and winter coats by now.

But No.

I am stretching the limits of not only my closet, but have been borrowing hoodies and sweatshirts from friends and family to make up for the fact that I have greatly underestimated not only the weather this time around, but the length of my pregnancy as well. I know the gray hoodie is not the most attractive thing.... but seriously, you want to talk to me about fashion at a time like this? Its 29 degrees outside, I have no coat that covers my stomach, and am currently 4 days OVERDUE with a rather large child, and you want to discuss the clothing I am currently living in? Something is telling me that a few people around here (read: fer, yucca) seem to have lost their damn minds. ;-)

Wed I had yet another Dr. appointment to check how things are going in my overly-full belly, only to find that indeed there is some progress being made, but its s-l-o-w. Better than nothing, and if mother nature does not take off this weekend, then come Monday morning, I will be meeting my Dr at the hospital and an official eviction will take place. Which leads me to the question: Why do they schedule inductions so ungodly early? We have to be at the hospital to check in at 5:45am. That's the middle of the night if you ask me. And you want me to be up, awake, showered and ready to willingly start labor at that time? I will be surprised if I can even keep some breakfast down... my body will still be in sleeping mode, not eating mode. What the hell...

But, at least I know there is an official time cap on this thing, and that is the one tidbit that is keeping me from losing my own damn mind.

In Other News:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE! It's "Our" Wayne's birthday and we will be headed out to Medina tonight to celebrate with some good food and a warm fire. (as long as this snow lets up) Ellie and I will be baking a fresh cranberry pie instead of cake... I'll let you know how it turns out!

-over and out-

3 Comments:

Blogger TheDollimama said...

are you using the recipe for the cranberry pie from the ABJ? i was curious when i saw that--i even cut it out for possible later reference (oh, yeah, like that's a surprise). i hope the snow clears up...there are things that have to be done! xo

10:19 AM  
Blogger dao said...

Indeed it was the recipe from ABJ this week... and it was GREAT! And I completely recommend the ice cream to go with it!

10:19 PM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

A late comment, but still... life and it's oppositional delights and quandries have been pulling me in a few directions as well... you in particular, dear child.

But first, the gray hoodie of mine never looked so good, y'know.

The cranberry pie was astonishingly good, and

thanks for including me in all this miraculous stuff you've been up to. If nothing else, (and there's plenty more)getting to be Ellie's granddad just a touch more, if nothing else, is manna from heaven for me.

xo

Oh yeah, if anyone is reading this and not paying attention, i wrote this AFTER seeing Frankie Jane put her wheels down on Planet Us.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home