Sunday, January 02, 2005

...And God said, I hate you Alfalfa!

Forgive me, i can't believe its been almost 1 month of not posting. Where oh where does the time go?

Happy Christmas, New Year, and Holidays in general. Went home for 10 days for the first time in a long time, and the first time with the wee little one. Its amazing how its human nature or something to always feel like there is never enough time. And it never is enough time for everthing you want to do or say, because you never want to say or do things that will indicate the end of a trip. So the time comes to a close and everyone is sad because all those things there were to talk about and plan and see have been thrown by the wayside because time passes you by while you are trying to stand still. Is that a lyric or something? Anyway, I digress... things in Ohio wonderful and we experienced an honest to goodness blizzard.

We came home however to find the threshhold of hell. for 2 whole days, we were Murphy's Law. The Furnace, crib, toilet, and computer, all broken. Oh yes my friends, it was what we call "A banner f**kin year in the old Bender household." Things seem to have righted themselves and Elliott saw fit to give me the best New Years gift ever. A quiet, happy, easily appeased baby so that mommy could nurse her hangover in peace. After all the broken crap around me, Momma needed a drink, and what better than a few bottles of Champagne. (Thanks again KatoChanel, you saved my spirit)

I have high hopes for the coming year, already Ellie is eating "real" food and loving it. She is growing so quickly... its just amazing. For as hard as it can be, this is definately one of the best things I have ever been a part of.

Fer starts his new job tomorrow, and we are all excited and nervous... but everything seems to be working out. My dad and I were talking about how sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith and know that somehow, some way, a branch is gonna catch you . . .

We are on our way.

In other news:

Tivo, I love you in oh-so-many ways, but most of all, I love that you recorded GH every day that I was gone, the power went out, and you still had all those wonderful holiday episodes waiting for me. I think that is the meaning of true love. LOL.

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home