Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I have do this. . . ALONE?


3
Originally uploaded by nonobaddao.

So, Elliott is 4 months old and has not yet mastered the art of napping. For quite some time, everytime I would go to put her down for a nap, she would wake up. And rather than have a cranky baby on my hands, i would just pick her back up and let her nap in my arms. Thus, problem #1. I know this was a mistake, but what is a new mother to do?

I can tell you that after 4 months of this, its gotten old fast and Momma is WAY over it now. So, we consulted the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book, which has worked wonders for her night sleeping, and jointly decided that maybe it is time for Ellie to learn some independence. Independence at 4 months old you say? YES. It is time. I mean, I never thought I would be one of those mothers who would let my chikd learn to "cry it out" but really, its now at the sake of my sanity. If I am in the loony bin there will be no Momma around to care for ellie, so really, this is less a of feeling of abanonment than the one she would have if all of a sudden Momma just disappeared.

I know, I know, this may be harsh, but the past 3 days I have spent with this kid LITERALLY in my arms for 5 hours at a time, and I am starting to not want to touch her very much anymore, so really, i think its best. Now, if only someone could come over and reason with her, letting her know that its in her best interests.

And just for the record, I gave in already this morning after 5 tries and 20 minutes of tears and just let her sleep in my arms again. Big Daddy Fer thinks he is man enough though to tackle this afternoon nap though... we will see.

If you have any suggeestions, by all means, I will take them. But short of my getting a lobotomy, the only answer is that somehow this kid needs to learn how to nap. And fast.

In Other News:

Due to the move, unpacking, and going to Ohio for 10 days for Christmas, Fer and I decided that we are not going to decorate for X-mas this year. its just one more thing to manage with an already demanding child. Normally, I decorate on Thanksgiving and we get our tree the following weekend. I am sad and feel in some way as though I am letting ellie down on her 1st christmas and all. When she questions me about this later, I will have to tell her it was either the decorations or her. My mom once told me that she had amazing plants before I was born, and it was either the plants or me. I see now what she meant. Thanks for choosing me mom, LMAO. ;-)

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

NO PHOTOS OF CRYING BABIES, DAO! Remember what Mummy told you! NO EVIDENCE!!!!! Only Happy Baby photos.

That's funny about the Christmas decor/plants decision.

So, what's a sister to do? Listen? Talk about non-baby things? Not bug you about coming home often? ;-)

A little instruction would be helpful.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home