Saturday, November 13, 2004

Just for the poop of it.

The long and tedious unpacking process is almost taken care of. Thank the sweet baby. Or I should say thank THE sweet baby, to distingusih from OUR sweet baby. Our sweet baby with the cradle cap (read: baby dandruff) that Fer likes to refer to as the cradle cabbage. Awesome. I am sad about the flakyness that is upon us, but at the same time, I must admit that being a "picker" by nature, its a dream. I get to run a comb over her head every day and watch in glee as the flakyness departs. I am the song I sing incessently to Ellie: "Monkey monkey monkey, you're a little monkey!" Apparrently momma is a monkey!

And so for the poop of it... The long, ongoing debate on if I should give ellie some formula to help her through her tough feeding days is over. Everything has changed from here on in. KatoChanel, its true, the poop DOES stink more when formula has been added. its takes a day or so to kick in, but when it does, woah man, look out. I am getting over my depression at having a child that is not soley breastfed. I know, there are worse things you say, and its not like I am stopping breastfeeding... just suplimenting.

Elliott acted like I was trying to posion her with the first 2 ounces of formula... she was NOT having it. But, like the good, trusting baby that she is, eventually she caved and drank it. And that, my friends, is when I felt like I was posioning her and broke down and cried. But I am over it now. The few feedings that have been added to her day of breastmilk have already started to make her a happier baby. And that, is the most important thing. Amen.

In Other News:

Its been almost 3 weeks and nary a viewing of general hospital. I am afriad that Ellie will not know all our friends when we begin viewing again! Damn the SBC Dish personnel for not keeping to thier time schedule and bringing us all 7 channels of HBO on time. Asshats! Sleestacks, hang on to your hat. . . I am getting TiVO!!!!!!!!!!!

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home