Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Original Elliot

Elliott got to meet her namesake at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf this very AM while Daddy Fer and I were drinking our morning beverages (Fer- Large Cafe Mocha w/Soy, Momma- Reg. Cafe Vanilla). In walks a scruffy-faced yet put-together gent and his young and beautiful wife with their baby in tow. While waiting for coffee, new parents strike up a conversation....

Oh, how cute. How old is she? How old id yours? What did you name her? All the while, I am thinking to myself... (in ET speak) Elliot, Elliot, Elliot... I am talking to Henry Thomas about his 3 month old baby girl named Hazel... and my daughter is named after a character he played! Freaky!

When I told him her name was Elliott Rose, his eyes got big and round and questioning. Me, not wanting to make a scene, (just like when I knew it was Mandy Moore standing next to me at Coffee Bean 2 weeks ago), played the whole thing cool. Until they left and I turned to Fer and said, You KNOW who that was, don't you? And he was all... well, I am sure he's an actor... and I was all "Uh YEAH! THAT'S THE ORIGINAL ELLIOT!"

These my friends are the moments that I am going to miss about living in LA. And, his wife was super sweet and said as they were leaving, Its a shame you are moving to Chicago... we like to make friends with new parents."

Damnit.... my new best friends could have totally been Elliot and his wife if we were not moving. Oh, the sadness. LOL

In Other News:


There is no other news! WE MET ELLIOT! HE WAS ALMOST MY NEW BEST FRIEND. Sheesh.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

See? I'm of the mindset when you have something really, really ridiculously gay to say... you just say it. I mean, it always makes you feel vedder.

My friend Lexy was sitting by me at the Miss America parade and as a former Miss A rides by lexy says to me that she bought a necklace of hers off of ebay. I was like, TELL HER! TELL HER! she's right there! Lexy was all like, no... *shy* LEXY! Tell her or I will!

Lexy shouts it out, they have a little conversation as to the authenticity... Post convo, lexy turns to me and was like, I'm so glad you made me do that. It was totally silly but fun. I would have regretted not saying anything.

When it's that gay, you just say it. I would have totally been like dammit I need a photo of you with my daughter! Will you sign my baby? LOL... JK on the last one...

Auntie

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home