Friday, September 17, 2004

"We gotta get outta this place...

If its the last thing we ever do! We gotta get outta this place, boy, there's a better life for me and you!"

I did it. Fer and I went out on Wed night to see Hamell on Trial. It was worth it, but it only solidified my firm decision that I am SO OVER THIS TOWN. Some of you may have read Fer's account of the lameness of the staff at The Knitting Factory, who acted like supreme assholes with eagos that went far beyond entitlement. From Chatty Cathy the big-mouthed bartender, to the sound-bitch who felt like a chump I am sure for being such a bitch and being told to F-off in a NY accent, to the ass-hat bouncers who walked around that place (while there were only a max number of like 45 people between the 2 rooms) with toolbelts full of riot gear (not 1 but 2 pairs of metal handcuffs in addition to the the plastic rip-stop cuffs! Can you imagine the need for all that crap?) Hamell's amazing set was cut short by playing in such a venue. I have to give him mad props for standing up to all their crap and giving the biggest F-you. Unplugging and walking off the stage.

And what it made me realize is this: The racket that is LA, let alone the Hollywood scene, well, I am over it. Its time for new horizons, new beginnings, clean air and a yard for Ms. Bean to run around in, and dammit, we are going to give it to her. LA has been sweet to me in many ways, but I have new plans. I am not sure what they are completely, but what I do know is that at this time, there are a world of possibilities and I am open to all of them.

My dear friend Amie came over yesterday before she headed out of town for the last time, and I realized how much I have changed in such a short amount of time. Having this little Bean, the crazy BerSerker, has already altered me in the most amazing ways and this new life that spans out before my very eyes is both terrifying and at the same time, most inviting, loving and warmest place I have ever been in. Its like there are pieces of me that I never knew existed that contain this amazing love and sense of peace that have just broken open and wide. And I am falling more in love every day.

In Other News:

Congratulations to Hiro and Dion who had baby girl Emi on Sunday. In true Hiro fashion it was wrought with complications, but they are (all) doing fine, and we are hoping to go for a visit tomorrow.

Sorry for all the sappy pap in today's post. Every once in awhile I have to put stuff like this out there to keep you on your toes. Not like I am looking to ruin my street cred, but still. LOL.

-over and out-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home