Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Maybe its the spinach...

So, my mom has been telling me ever since I got knocked up that breast-fed baby poo does not stink. Her theory is that God made them this way so that when you are a braindead, over-tired, possibly stressed-out feeding machine, you don't end up throwing your baby out in the diaper genie. Believing my mom on almost all counts about babies and raising children (she is very bohemian and earth-motherly without the hemp clothing and hippie-chick crap) I thought to myself, this is cool, baby poo does not stink. Yet another reason to stick with the breastfeeding.

However, I think what my mom MEANT to say was that baby poo does not smell bad enough to make you throw said baby away, but it sure as shit smells BAD. (pun intended, lol)

I really don't think I have a super strong gag reflex. I have been babysitting my entire life, changed a million or so diapers, and its not been horrible. Yesterday even, thanks to Fer, I had to clean up an entire broken bag of summer sun baked garbage that exploded as I was taking it to the dumpster and I STILL held onto my cookies, but today, today was another story as I changed Ellie's super ripe diaper.

So I'm thinking it must be the spinach salads I have been eating. Which leads me to, what veggies can I eat since broccoli and cabbage are out due to the overly-gassy nature they make my milk, and the spinach seems to be turning Ellie's insides into the next nuclear waste site?

In Other News:

Both Andrea and I discussed this at length today, the new GH credits are bunk. Bad idea here kids. The theme song is ruined with their jazzy undertones, and the characters flash by like an intro to another season of The Real World.

But there is good news, Hiro called today and told me that as of July 1, California passed another kick-ass bill for new mothers. Apparently I may be eligible for even more paid time off work. And since these short 6 weeks are ending soon, that's GREAT news in my world. I really don't know how anyone could be expected to go back to work after only 6 weeks with a baby. I think the Swedes have the right take on things. There its a year off for both mother and father. Can you even imagine?

-over and out-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home